My campaigns don't send, they're stuck in "Pending-Sending" status

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
When this happens, most likely the cron jobs that must run in order to pickup the campaigns and send them are not running, and no, it's not something wrong with the application, but you simply need to feed the application with the right data in order to work properly.

The reason for why these cron jobs are not running might vary, might be because you haven't added the cron jobs at all, or because you didn't properly add them, and by this i mean:

1) the php binary, usually located at /usr/bin/php is not located there on your server.
This can be easily fixed if you have command line access and you run the command which php which should return the right path to the php binary. This might be something like /usr/local/bin/php instead of the traditional /usr/bin/php
Also, sometimes, the command line php is compiled with other options than the web binary, therefore if your web version of php is 5.2 this doesn't mean the CLI version is also 5.2, it can as well be 5.0. You can test this from command line by running /usr/bin/php -v which will show you the php version.
If you don't have command line access. best would be to ask your hosting about this info.

2) the path to the console.php file which triggers the console commands is wrong.
This can happen if you are moving the app from a server to another and you forget to update the cron jobs, but also happens if you don't follow the last step of the installation and add the cron jobs as instructed there and you add them later.
The path to the console file should be something like: /the/absolute/path/on/your/server/to/apps/console/console.php

Other reasons:
1) You try to run more campaigns than you actually allow from settings, so go to Backend -> Settings -> Cron and put 100 in the campaigns at once field, just as a test to see if it fixes your issue. If it does, lower this number to a lower one, say 20 so that you don't waste your server resources for nothing.

Note: Some hosting providers, especially on shared hosting, will delay your cron jobs to run at at least 15 minutes instead of, say, one minute. If this happens, then the cron job for sending campaigns for example, will be triggered once at 15 minutes thus you will get a delay while sending your campaigns. Best way would be to not use shared hosting and go with a VPS where you can control everything.

Please also see CRON JOBS list for a list of cron jobs that you have to add on your server.

Last edited:
My php library is in /usr/local/bin/php

Do I update the cron ? If so what should the cron look like.

Attachments

• cron.png
    cron.png
    93 KB · Views: 173
You should also run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/php -v
to make sure that is the CLI version of PHP.
Other than that, the cron jobs in your screenshot look good.

Need also help on this.
I have 7 campaigns running 2 are stuck in "Pending-Sending"
the cron is running since the 5 campaigns are perfectly sending.
i have unlimited quota on campaigns and etc...
what might be the cause?
Thanks

The number of campaigns at once from backend -> settings -> Cron, it defaults to 5. Increase it to 20 for example.

Great!
I really would like to thank you man,
i missed up all my settings since i have moved my server and upgraded the mw version.
im still setting everything up and this new server is giving me lots of problem including the php version.
Thanks again!

I am dealing with some issues, with siteground grow big hosting.
Firstly, I have find out from them that the path to php file is /usr/local/php5/bin/php. I have changes the crons to that but still the deadly pending-sending :). Now I am again on a long long chat with them waiting on them telling me which php version supports CLI as this could be an issue according to what you have written...

I have attached a photo of how I have the crons set up. Does it look all good? Path to the app is correct.

Thank you for a great great app! Its like a gift for our company :)

Attachments

• crons.jpg
    crons.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 104
Hi Martin,

Your cron jobs look good, would you mind giving a try with /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli ?
I have a hunch that the above will kick things in ;)

Thanks.

Hello I just contacted you in codecanyon now...

I can confirm that the job is running but it doesn't send any emails.

[2015-03-12 17:42:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:42:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:43:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:44:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:44:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:45:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:45:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:46:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:46:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:47:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:48:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:48:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:49:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:50:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:50:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:50:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
[2015-03-12 17:51:01]: CMD: kamransa /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

Hey,

If you run /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli -v from command line, what do you get?
Also, do you have at least one delivery server which is active?

Let me know for both.
Thanks.

/usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli -v
kamransa@serv01 [~]# /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cli -v /home/kamransa/public_html/mailer/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns
PHP 5.0.5 (cli) (built: Jan 27 2015 12:24:13)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.5, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
do you have at least one delivery server which is active?
I got 2! Both of them verified both of'em can send emails.

Hello All,

I don't know why my app doesn't send emails,

Cron Jobs are well configured in my cpanel and mailwizz app
cron.PNG

PHP Version 5.4.38.
Also, I have two active delivery servers

Any solutions ?

Thanks

Mine doesn't send either. Cronjobs are entered and running.

One thing I did notice is in my "Servers > Delivery Servers" in the BE area, it was blank. So I created one for "PHP Mail", but when I hit the "Validate Server" button, no email is ever sent.

I'm running the latest version of CPanel.

I just got the Validate Server to work, using PHP Mail. However I'm still not sending any emails out with my campaign. Help!

I'm a new user of MailWizz, and I'm trying to configure and test it with Mandrill.

So, I can create a Campaign and send a Test-mail, but it never send when I schedule. The status is "pending-sending" continuously.
When I send that test mail (click on a button above template editor), Mandrill reports it!

So I figure out that at the "Customer Area", if I click on "SERVERS > DELIVERY SERVERS" an ERROR 500! shows up with this message below:
'Delivery_serversController cannot find the requested view "list".'

I'm trying to find any errors at Cron Jobs, but nothing until now. But that error above is not a good thing.

Some news about this?
I'm frustrating because it should be easier.

So I figure out that at the "Customer Area", if I click on "SERVERS > DELIVERY SERVERS" an ERROR 500! shows up with this message below:
'Delivery_serversController cannot find the requested view "list".'
Seems that you haven't uploaded all the files via FTP. Use wiscp for uploading files if possible, filezilla for example is know to fail when too many files.

Back