What are the cron jobs that i have to add?

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the current cron jobs list for 1.3.4.9 version:

{FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER} is the absolute path on your server to the place where mailwizz files are located, something like /var/www/html/ or home/domain/public_html/

Code:
# Campaign sender, runs each minute:
* * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns > /dev/null 2>&1

# Transactional emails sender, runs once at 2 minutes: (since 1.3.4.5)
*/2 * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails > /dev/null 2>&1

# Bounce handler, runs once at 10 minutes:
*/10 * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler > /dev/null 2>&1

# Feedback loop handler, runs once at 20 minutes:
*/20 * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php feedback-loop-handler > /dev/null 2>&1

# Process delivery and bounce logs, runs once at 3 minutes:
*/3 * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log > /dev/null 2>&1

# Cleanup command to run daily:
0 0 * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php daily > /dev/null 2>&1

Please also see what CRON JOBS are.

I spent a lot of time reading on how to make this cron job work for me and I did not see so far a clear way of doing this. I see this post above that is a cron code but it's missing the information on where to post this code how to access that area. I don't know nothing about cron job never even eared about it until I got your program. So help me starting from scratch.
Here is a picture of my cron option using bluehost cpanel. What do I do next in order to set it up?
Cron help.png

@Fatou - That's fine we can walk you through.
Bluehost uses cpanel for which you can find videos for cron jobs at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cpanel+cron+jobs&spfreload=10

To answer your question, say you have this command:
Code:
* * * * * php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns > /dev/null
Those 5 stars are actually 5 different blocks, where one block goes into the Minute field, one into the Hour, one into the Day, one into the Month, and one into the Weekday.
Next, the php -q {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER}/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns > /dev/null goes into the command field.
Then you have to save. Repet the procedure for all crons you have to add and make sure you replace {FULL_PATH_TO_APPS_FOLDER} with the actual path pointed out in Backend -> Misc -> Cron Jobs List.

Thanks for your help.
But I get an error message after following this instruction above.
Every time I ad the command filed with php -q public_html/mydomain.com/apps/console/console.php send-campaings>? /dev/null
But if I remove php -q and just ad this path public_html/mydomain.com/apps/console/console.php send-campaings>? /dev/null than I don't get the error.
My question to you is do I need or is it a must to have php -q on the command line?
Second question is how many cron jobs I need to have in order to have the application run?
How do I get access to the Backend > Misc > Cron Jobs list?

Thanks you

I attached a picture of my cron setup

Attachments

• cron.png
    cron.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hey,

Let's see:

My question to you is do I need or is it a must to have php -q on the command line?
Yes you have to use php -q in the command line. you have to use the exact entries like you see in Backend -> Misc -> Cron jobs list.

Second question is how many cron jobs I need to have in order to have the application run?
All of them.

How do I get access to the Backend > Misc > Cron Jobs list?
Just login in your mailwizz app, in /backend and continue from there.

Let me know if anything unclear.
Thanks.

Ok I finally added the Cron jobs list without getting server errors but Mailwizz still saying pending sending. I don't want to give up but this should of work after setting up Cron list.

Also I noticed there was an update message but no link on where I can download the new version? and how to install it?

I am not getting any error but I am still at the Pending Sending issue. Changed my campaign to 100 did not help either. I am getting really frustrated with this after so many try.

I am going to update to the new version today. The README.md can't be open on my computer I wish this was a simple pdf or txt file. How do I go about opening the README.md?

I figure out how to read the README.md file.
But I still need to get the pending sending fix.

Can I send you my login for you to double check it for me?

Great thanks, I want to make sure I send this information to the right place do you have a pm link that will make sure you'll be the only one who'll get the information. How can I send the information to you?

HI there,
Today I buy the script from code evanto marketplace. I install the script inside my bluehost hosting and added corn job as well ( check the attachment) and I also added mandrill as delivery server. the issue is, when send test email form the campaign editor then it go to my inbox but when I setup the campaign and click on final step to send the campaign then it showing me. pending sending. so what should I do? anyone help me. here I added the screenshot of my current cornjob.

I just added same corn job from backend>misc> corn job list

Attachments

• screenshot_80.png
    screenshot_80.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 35
@Samir Chandra Halder - /usr/bin/php-cli is not always the right path to PHP Binary file.
Mailwizz tries to detect this, but it can do it only if your server allows this. Most shared servers don't since it calls the exec() function to do so... And if it can't detect the proper path, then it fallbacks to the above one.
Another thing that i remember has happened with a customer is that, the file apps/console/console.php had permissions set to 000 instead of 0644 and because of this, it could not be executed.
Your best bet is to have your host look into this.

Hi, I setted all my cronjobs but im getting this errors. Can anyone pls help me with that? Am I missing something?Screenshot (17).png

Attachments

• cron jobs issues.png
    cron jobs issues.png
    142 KB · Views: 9
I i just logged 10 minutes ago on the mailwizz/backend but now it says that my e-mail is invalid... what should I do? I always logged from that e-mail.

Hello, I am on hostinger with a dedicated cloud ip hosting.
When I want to add the CRON job : /opt/alt/php74/usr/bin/php -q /home/*********/domains/*********/*****/*******/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
this tells me that there are invalid characters. It would appear to be the>.
What to replace them with?
Thank you

Attachments

• 1632235959173.png
    1632235959173.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
Back