How do i import subscribers?

@Lazaros - Doesn't your Office suite allow exporting with commas ? After all, CSV stands for Comma Separated Values.
Thank you for the really quick response! It does (MS Office Plus 2016) but it doesn't work properly, that's the thing. It's not your platforms fault.
All the .CSV files are getting saved with ";" instead of "," so I'm looking for any alternatives instead of playing with excel scripting..

Reopening this subject.

I have a MySQL database with a table which has id, email, name.
This table has more than 200 thousand emails captured in my landingpage.

How do apra migrate from one bank to another via SSH.
What is the best way for that?

(From CLI in SSH you can nicely dump and reimport whole sql databases.)

Perhaps you can do the import directly from within mailwizz?
See here: http://prntscr.com/5z56v4

If not, then it might be good to zip the sql file (or table) and do the import in phpMyAdmin.
There you can also import as csv (not just sql) if you like.
(.../customer/assets/files/example-csv-import.csv)
You could copy/export an old small list first and look at the details, then create a new list to import there your 200k bazooka!

;)

Last edited:
Hi, I have a problem importing my lists. I have a list with 5 columns - email, name ... When I try to import the file I get the error in the attached file. Maybe it is something with the column names? How do columns match with the custom fields in the mailwizz list?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• image002.png
    image002.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
make sure the first row from the csv file contains the email column, that is, something like:
Code:
Email,"First name",Date
a@a.com, John, "2016-01-01"
[...]

unzip attached filed and try with it, does it work?

Attachments

• example-csv-import.csv.zip
    885 bytes · Views: 3
Yes, after the file was ready I saved it as .csv with OpenOffice and it worked. It didn`t work neither by saving it with Excel as .csv, nor by saving it as .txt file or .csv with Notepad++.

Thanks again :)

This is a common question and even though the answer is very very simple, for a reason or another, seems that many people get confused on how they can achieve this, so i will illustrate this, step by step with images.

Step 1: Login as a customer into your application and go to your lists:
View attachment 1

Step 2: Click on your list title or on the Info icon for your list (see highlighted section on Step 1) to see the list overview page from which you will click on the Tools box :
View attachment 2

Step 3: Click on the Import box:
View attachment 3

Step 4: Choose one of the import options depending on the file you need to upload:
View attachment 4

That's it, once you select the file, the import will start and your subscribers will be imported into your list.

Possible issues and fixes:
1) if you get an error that the file type is not allowed, you can go to Backend -> Settings -> Import/Export and disable mime type checking.
2) if the app complains that the filesize is too big, go to Backend -> Settings -> Import/Export and increase the allowed size for uploaded files. If the app still complains afterwards, contact your host to alter your PHP configuration and allow bigger files.
3) if the importing doesn't start, or it dies while processing, then most likely you have set too many Subscribers to process at once from Backend -> Settings -> Import/Export, so make sure you lower down the number to an acceptable one where the server will be able to process the files.

Hi there,
I have followed the exact steps for import .
I am uploading contacts (1200) and the import says sucessful but when I go back to the list it says only 200 were imported. ? Any idea if i missed something?

Hi there,
I have followed the exact steps for import .
I am uploading contacts (1200) and the import says sucessful but when I go back to the list it says only 200 were imported. ? Any idea if i missed something?
If you have the cron import enabled, just wait and refresh, it will do it over time, each step as many as you have specified in the app...
e.g. 100k can take 30min, depends on many factors (server, app, data structure, etc).

Last edited:
@Startup6 - The importer will also tell you why certain email addresses were not saved. Please make sure you are importing from the right place.

I did the import yesterday and it is still not showing up. See my settings ... attached.

Attachments

• list.png
    list.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
@Startup6 - Show up where? Once you start the import you get realtime info about what is going on...
Can you confirm that you go to your email list, then click on the tools box, then on the import box, followed by the csv box, select the csv file for upload and hit submit? if so, what happens afterwards, after you upload the file?

P.S: In your settings, Import At Once set to 2000 is too high, make it 500.

See attached this is what happens..

The file we are loading has the right emails example @gmail.com ect.

Attachments

• list2.png
    list2.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 4
From what i see the email addresses marked as invalid are indeed invalid, so i don't think there's an issue here, just bad email addresses.

Just to make sure, is this 1.3.6.2 version of mailwizz?
Could you PM me with the list you try to upload?

Back