tracking domaine not works

roland

This what I done :
Milwizz is installeed in : domainwizz.ext
My tracking domain is : track.domaintracking.ext

In cpanel I added this :
track.domaintracking.ext. 14400 IN CNAME domainwizz.ext

But that not works. When I acces via browser to track.domaintracking.ext it don't redirect to domainwizz.ext but it redirect to track.domaintracking.ext/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

@roland - this means your server isn't able to handle tracking domains. In order for tracking domains to work properly, your domain has to be hosted on it's dedicated ip address and it has to be the default domain on that ip address.

@roland - this means your server isn't able to handle tracking domains. In order for tracking domains to work properly, your domain has to be hosted on it's dedicated ip address and it has to be the default domain on that ip address.

@twisted1919, You contradict yourself because there is a completely different information written below.

What tracking and sending domains actually are?

TRACKING DOMAINS:
If you have mailwizz installed on email.a.com and you send campaigns, all your url links will start with http://email.a.com and this is fine for most of the cases, but what if you want to handle emailing for b.com domain?

In this case, you will have to either install mailwizz in a subdomain for b.com domain like email.b.com or you can still use the install from email.a.com but use a tracking domain for b.com domain.

Please explain this because I am also interested in the issue of tracking with different domains.
Thanks.

@Ems - I don't see any contradiction, tracking domains is a feature that can only work with DNS setup and the server which will receive the request will have to be prepared for the request itself.
Basically the server must forward any hostname to the same virtual host where mailwizz is installed, and just from there mailwizz can do it's thing with that hostname.

@Ems - I don't see any contradiction, tracking domains is a feature that can only work with DNS setup and the server which will receive the request will have to be prepared for the request itself.
Basically the server must forward any hostname to the same virtual host where mailwizz is installed, and just from there mailwizz can do it's thing with that hostname.

@twisted1919, I'm glad, that I'm wrong! :)
I contacted my server provider and they are ready to help me, but so that they do not quite understand what needs to be done. If you can provide a technical task as a MailWizz developer it will be idealy! It is will help me continue to successfully use MailWizz ;)

Last edited:
@twisted1919, I'm glad, that I'm wrong! :)
I contacted my server provider and they are ready to help me, but so that they do not quite understand what needs to be done. If you can provide a technical task as a MailWizz developer it will be idealy! It is will help me continue to successfully use MailWizz ;)
You could send them this:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/what-tracking-and-sending-domains-actually-are/
What happens when you use the tracking domain (track.domain.com) in your browser?

@frm.mwz, why can't you provide more information? This question worries not only me but also some of your customers. You would have helped many of your customers!
All the info you need is there.
Why don't you send a screen shot of what the error is, in the settings, and when you input the trackign domain?
Without having all the details and without access, help cannot be fully effective. I do this for free and for fun, am just a (power) user!
;)

All the info you need is there.
Why don't you send a screen shot of what the error is, in the settings, and when you input the trackign domain?
Without having all the details and without access, help cannot be fully effective. I do this for free and for fun, am just a (power) user!
;)

@frm.mwz, screen of error https://nimb.ws/EbPq2G
You will help not only me but all other users who need a solution.
Thanks.

agree! I think we need right detail and process for some issue or even provide some pdf file documentation.

@frm.mwz, why can't you provide more information? This question worries not only me but also some of your customers. You would have helped many of your customers!

Last edited:
Especially for cpanel tracking domains, this has been explained multiple times on the forum, just search for
tracking cpanel
;)

@frm.mwz, thank you, but you have the power! user power! ;) maybe you can already provide an inturkion which you think will be more effective?

Back