Tracking domain not working

vj shah

When I use track.mydomain.com in campaign autoresponder and when subscriber clicks on link in email then it gives the following error.

Not Found

The requested URL /mail/latest/index.php/campaigns/cw3465fmtkf8f/track-url/df7977ywq642f/1488cd55375e072c292cc5ddef579ff23a0449c2 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.33 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2o mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at track.mydomain.com Port 80

Can anyone help what could be wrong. I also do not see opens and clicks updated in status for the campaign send.The CNAME for tracking url is correct.
Thanks
Vj

@vj shah - seems that your server is not ready to support tracking domains.
Remember, to check and make sure this feature works, mailwizz has to be hosted as the default app on the ip address so that when you access the ip address you see the mailwizz app, and also when you access any cname, you should see mailwizz.
If you can't see that, it means your server is not ready for tracking domains.

When I use track.mydomain.com in campaign autoresponder and when subscriber clicks on link in email then it gives the following error.

Not Found

The requested URL /mail/latest/index.php/campaigns/cw3465fmtkf8f/track-url/df7977ywq642f/1488cd55375e072c292cc5ddef579ff23a0449c2 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.33 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2o mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at track.mydomain.com Port 80

Can anyone help what could be wrong. I also do not see opens and clicks updated in status for the campaign send.The CNAME for tracking url is correct.
Thanks
Vj
@vj shah - seems that your server is not ready to support tracking domains.
Remember, to check and make sure this feature works, mailwizz has to be hosted as the default app on the ip address so that when you access the ip address you see the mailwizz app, and also when you access any cname, you should see mailwizz.
If you can't see that, it means your server is not ready for tracking domains.

You need to make sure the DNS is set correctly: CNAME (tracker.domain.com)
and
you need to make sure the server understands what to do when the request comes in for that cname, i.e. it must have the instructions for the correct redirect into that directory and after that path with wildcard.
You can have as many apps as you wish on that IP, but both the above must work (so that the server replies with the correct pages for each).
To test, just put in the cname, and it should arrive at the customer login screen.

I am going to reinstall on the default ip address with hosting name servers in public_html.
and see if it works. I hope it is not the software since I installed in folder.

hosting name servers in public_html
The hostname is not the domain name.
The hostname is supposed to be a FQDN - Fully Qualified Domain Name, i.e. three parts separated by two dots, e.g.: host4mwz.mydomain.com
The Domain you setup mwz on might be:
mymailerdomain.com or mwzapp.mymailerdomain.com or first.mwzapp.mymailerdomain.com (you see the difference?!)
and the tracking might be: tracking.wonderful4consumerdomain.com
If done correctly, it will work without any problems.
But if mixed up and done incorrectly, it is even harder to understand, so keep the names nicely apart from each other, and you will have better control, also in regards to domain reputation.

TBH, most of the time is not the software, but just missing configuration.
That is absolutely correct.

also interested is there a pdf guide or video guide hot to setup the Tracking domains ? and the rest of the functions ?

Back