Possible new design for MailWizz, opinions?

Should we go for the new design?

• Yes, new design looks much better than the current one, go for it!

Votes: 103 81.7%
  • Nope, i like existing design more, do not change it!

Votes: 23 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far seems the UX beats the UI priority wise, we're here to listen :)

We're just throwing ideas in the office now based on your comments and an idea just popped up, a realtime search functionality a lá CPanel, where you can search everything in the app and get exact results with direct links to go to the right place in no time. I think that would be an absolute winner if implemented correctly.

Guys don't repeat google retarded approach to design. They killed chrome with latest update.

Use solid colors and simple shadows, UX wise it's almost the same as it was. This is just a new skin not a actual redesign. Buttons are awful too, I can't tell one from another on the left menu.
If you need real feedback upload it to redpen or similar software, it's a pain to do in forum.

Mailwizz definitely needs overhaul but please start from UX and then build design upon it or you will end up with nicely looking UX disaster.

The new design looks good, but the old design is still great. I see nothing wrong with it.
I would prefer to see a manual or quick set-up videos and PDFs because there is a lot of stuff in Mailwizz and it's really difficult to get running and understand the different possible settings.

Yes, I strongly agree with the new design! But as an option
* Be sure to be user friendly
Please check other software (mailerlite, ...), users can easily import email lists or build their own campaigns.
But unfortunately, the MailWizz is a bit complicated and the normal user can not easily work

Thanks

Looks great, fo for it.

Like others have said, the UX should be updated as well which is indeed more important then UI ;)

<3

@twisted1919 : I like new design. it's good if you giving option to control color combination as per our own requirement?

To change the colors is pretty easy. Look what I have done with mine (GoDaddy style):
HRo2bQp.png

The design does look nice. However I do feel like many here, that its most of colour changes. Also as mentioned, UX with so many functional points makes it difficult. I feel we need to have one section by section sorted first. In my opinion, the customer end should be made more appealing with some UX also considered. And based on feedback, the reverse methodlogy would allow to fit in the other modules too.

1. current design looks great (it is simple classy and looks amazing, maybe for somebody new design looks nice from first point of view but on daily use i believe those people will get frustrated soon since loots of colors specially gradient ones are making yeas tired)
  2. UX Defiantly needs an upgrade and i do apricate your approach of brainstorming on this subjects p.s. idea about real-time search is amazing.
  3. Also UX Wise i do recommend to concentrate in direction of Campaign Goals and statistics , personally for me they seem very unfriendly and i am forced to write SQL scripts to achieve simple results.
For example(Latest Campaign):

I had list of 5000 subscribers and my goal was to make them open url and submit form.
Wave 1:
From first campaign we had 50% open rate. and 15% form submit, so we had to use different approaches for based on subscriber actions.
Wave 2:
a.
We have created new list of people that haven't opened first campaign and sent them new email with different subject.
b. We have created new list of people that opened first campaign but didn't submit the form and sent them email which made them more motivated to submit.

As result of Wave2 we received 25% open rate and 5% submit rate from a. list
and 8% of submit from list b.

Not to go any further, as you can clearly see original list of 5000 was split in multiple parts with different results . (So in the end to get the full picture of result, our team had to write custom .php script which took the results from MySQL and using different algorithms we managed to get one list of 5000 subscribers with all the results.)

I believe that i am not alone in the issue and as a solution i do recommend to have one list with Main(Mother) Campaigns and all other actions linked to same campaign should be created as SUB(Child) Campaigns, same goes for lists.
in the end this will help us to track full results in main category and single results in sub category.

I love the new look. :)

I think you should have a thread detailing the most common issues/suggestions that people have and then address these issues in your flow. (just check the forum stats for threads with common questions).

I'm a recent user who has just come through the steep learning curve and off the top of my head these are where I got stuck:
1) Adding servers.
- it's easy now, but got stuck on adding Gsuite & Amazon AWS the first few times.
2) Warming Up Domains
- I still think it needs to be manually done.
- expecting new non-savvy users to be able to know the levels here is crazy. They're going to fry domains.
- so an auto warmup new domain setting is vital.
3) Easier Autoresponders
- I seem to have got stuck quite a bit.
- things like sending if people open previous ones, etc.
Many features have been added since I joined here, so much has been resolved.
4) Configuring custom fields & segments.
I.e. common custom fields to add, e.g. sent_count, sent_date, etc.
- having to work this all out took ages and tons of reading.
5) Sending Times
- almost all autoresponder programs (drop, mailchimp, lemlist, mailshake, autoklose, sendinblue, etc) all have a feature where you can disable sending at certain times of the day and on weekends.
- I was super surprised to find you had to hack this with cron tweaks. It really should be a tick box. (sign up for others and see how easy it is on them)
6) Customer Groups Settings
- almost always I got stuck only to find there was a hidden (it felt that at least) setting somewhere in customer groups. This could be improved.
7) Split Testing
- the goal of any email is to get people to do something. Open it, click on it, etc.
- with things like headlines & copy having a massive impact on this, I was surprised not to find this. I bet tweaking your headline has more of an impact than IP rep or other more technical things. From what I see a headline can swing an open rate from 5% to 65%. Yes, I know the mail has to be received first, but that's massive in my book.

I'm sure there are other things I got stuck with or had to get support to help with, and happy to share. I love the software and have migrated away from all the other software since it's so powerful.

Hi guys,

Last few weeks we went a bit back and forth because we are thinking to get a new design for MailWizz, and today we received a mockup with two images showing overall how the app will look if we were to implement these new designs.

Here's the 2 mockups we received:

List View:

View attachment 6558

Form View:
View attachment 6559

Keep in mind these are just mockups sharing an overall idea of the new design, things are subject to change to a degree during design creation phase.

Please cast your vote into the poll i created.

Thank you.
I am guessing that these mockups are just about colors.
It would be very useful for some new features.
1. Ajaxifying Live results.Like Sending reportings.
2. PowerMTA supports. CSV Processing from pmta monitor logs.
3. Blacklist monitoring.
4. Email Verifying Plugin or something that users can add own scripts or smtps to do that.

Agree with everyone who voted to prioritise UX over UI. Not bothered about the new design (even though I'm a designer). That fancy thin and curvy font is in fashion right now, but about to disappear again, so let's not waste energy on it. I'm also not too hot on the candy store blue, but that's a personal preference, to take it or leave it.

UX is far more important, getting rid of some vertical scroll bars, making the font more compact to show more on screen, repositioning and redesign some screen real-estate would be much more important.

It is definitely time to change the design! Well, if there is still an option to connect new icons

I also agree with darkmag16 comment your should focus on UX , as the giant email marketing providers like
mailchimp and others are giving their customer an simple interface to do all but in our is not much good if we add
more video it will not help any one as no body have time to watch it. If we can give our user an simple inter face to
do all that will give more customers. As I appreciate the begging of changing the color it was also and good thing
which others will not know it was mailwizz

I will suggest Instead of Vertical Menu you can check for Horizontal Menu as it will be helpful for Users / Customers to see it completely.
you can check below admin template for the same.
http://pages.revox.io/dashboard/4.1.0/html/casual/index.html
I personally loved the above for limited links.

Thanks
Mandar

Hi guys,

Last few weeks we went a bit back and forth because we are thinking to get a new design for MailWizz, and today we received a mockup with two images showing overall how the app will look if we were to implement these new designs.

Here's the 2 mockups we received:

List View:

View attachment 6558

Form View:
View attachment 6559

Keep in mind these are just mockups sharing an overall idea of the new design, things are subject to change to a degree during design creation phase.

Please cast your vote into the poll i created.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back