Possible new design for MailWizz, opinions?

Should we go for the new design?

• Yes, new design looks much better than the current one, go for it!

Votes: 103 81.7%
  • Nope, i like existing design more, do not change it!

Votes: 23 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 3 pages of feedback is enough to make ourselves an idea about what the next step should be.
I really appreciate anyone taking the time to add their input, it really means a lot to us here.
I'll let this thread open for the rest of the day, in case anyone else wants to share their input.

Apparently 2019 will be all about the UX and we will commit to it.

I like the last answer from @twisted1919 as for the colors...my personal opinion even though it's already mentioned on this thread before... they are ok as they are no problem.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-more-important-UX-Design-or-Feature-development-enhancement
"A bad UX won't win any points, but product lacking features will lose every time."
...hence, perhaps this (which a number of good software companies use) is a good priority list:
#1 security
#2 bugs
#3 features
#4 UX
#5 UI
...anything else?

Agreed.. Well believe that UI can be done on later stage..Lets focus on main features which are now a days in all the platforms.
A/B testing
Automation Workflow Editor
Better UX
Etc. So many suggestions.. Lets make MW more amazing this coming year. ✌

Dear twisted1919
I know I you have done great work here. Nice design but nothing that looks better than what MW already has. It would be very fantastic to have you build templates that can pass as extensions for us to buy and change the UI specific to what we want- The ability to make my mailwizz version different from the next person.

As all have said UX is key, how easily can users navigate basic features like creating subscriber list. Also to add features are key and I have always mentioned this to you. I would like to see a better Template Designer, even though there are 2 on codecanyon, it is just unfortunate that the sellers refused to improve on it. Make your DnD better, more richer as we have on Mailchimp, Email verification of domain owner, social media integration to auto post to FB, Twitter and Instagram while sending a campaign.

Example the Template designer should take full screen when used,
The editor should also include more components, stripo.email, beefree.io, mailchimp (similar with yours but with more components) editors are great.
email templates created should be better displayed in grid view than list,
Customers don't need to create categories, admin should do that and list all templates created under their category in grid form.
If possible, DnD to design forms like seen on mailchimp
Admin should be able to see current users logged in. This is helpful when doing upgrade and maintenance.
Price list best have PAYGo, Monthly, annually separated.
Give admin the flexibility of rearranging/redesign Login, backup, newsletter format using a drag and drop for that.

with more ...

Dear twisted1919
I know I you have done great work here. Nice design but nothing that looks better than what MW already has. It would be very fantastic to have you build templates that can pass as extensions for us to buy and change the UI specific to what we want- The ability to make my mailwizz version different from the next person.

As all have said UX is key, how easily can users navigate basic features like creating subscriber list. Also to add features are key and I have always mentioned this to you. I would like to see a better Template Designer, even though there are 2 on codecanyon, it is just unfortunate that the sellers refused to improve on it. Make your DnD better, more richer as we have on Mailchimp, Email verification of domain owner, social media integration to auto post to FB, Twitter and Instagram while sending a campaign.

Example the Template designer should take full screen when used,
The editor should also include more components, stripo.email, beefree.io, mailchimp (similar with yours but with more components) editors are great.
email templates created should be better displayed in grid view than list,
Customers don't need to create categories, admin should do that and list all templates created under their category in grid form.
If possible, DnD to design forms like seen on mailchimp
Admin should be able to see current users logged in. This is helpful when doing upgrade and maintenance.
Price list best have PAYGo, Monthly, annually separated.
Give admin the flexibility of rearranging/redesign Login, backup, newsletter format using a drag and drop for that.

with more ...
All this can come as paid extensions like users that want advance Editor need buy it and upgrade what they have.

Now the wishlist go bananas. @twisted1919 has limited amounts of time. Keep the core intact (core functions, database, UX, UI, plugin interface and plugin architecture etc) and state-of-the-art and then drop features that isn't the core.Vast amounts of time is required just keeping the core product state-of-the-art.

I came here 2.5 years ago and ppl were talking about A/B testing already then. IF this was so important to them, they would have got their A/B testing feature already (like we did). Then to go to Automation Workflow Editor will additionally fragment the product.
So strange that we, who develop the not-core features ourselves, owns the biggest number of extended licenses. Hmmm... Maybe more extended licenses could motivate more things to be developed because it could pay for additional MW devs to twisted.

If all these nice-to-have-features will be implemented, it will most likely end in a super versatile product that people nags about not being state-of-the-art anymore because it's too fragmented.

Last edited:
I think 3 pages of feedback is enough to make ourselves an idea about what the next step should be.
I really appreciate anyone taking the time to add their input, it really means a lot to us here.
I'll let this thread open for the rest of the day, in case anyone else wants to share their input.

Apparently 2019 will be all about the UX and we will commit to it.
We were waiting for this :) Thank You !

I hope one day I will see this feature to MW: In a Portion of the List.
Send to only a portion of your list based on percentages. For example, send one email to 0%-10% of your list, send a second email to 10%-20% of your list (keeping the same randomization key). This can be used to warm up your ip for big lists. You don't need to make smaller lists to do warmup or pause and send campaigns. With this feature, you can import any list size and you can start the warmup of your ip more easily.

I hope one day I will see this feature to MW: In a Portion of the List.
Send to only a portion of your list based on percentages. For example, send one email to 0%-10% of your list, send a second email to 10%-20% of your list (keeping the same randomization key). This can be used to warm up your ip for big lists. You don't need to make smaller lists to do warmup or pause and send campaigns. With this feature, you can import any list size and you can start the warmup of your ip more easily.

Why not segment your list and send a different email to each segment as you mention

Thank you guys for everything added in this thread. We have enough feedback, we will close it to avoid going off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back