Opens are only tracked when a link is clicked

timodee.com

Hey Forum,

tests show, that my opens only are being tracked once I click. Right after the click, the opens show. If I open but do not click the opens remain as zero.

Any idea why that happens?

Thanks,
Timo

If the email client that receives the email blocks remote images, then the open cannot be tracked. MailWizz will compensate this by tracking the open via clicks.
This generally happens if the email client things you are an unknown sender, so you need to explicitly allow loading remote images. Also, do some tests at mail-tester.com and see your score as well and see things you can improve.

I used a standard gmail account for testing

My reputation is pretty good. I really worked on it pretty hard over the last few weeks.

If this happens to my gmail it will happen to a lot of accounts, correct? Since many people out there use gmail.

I only want to continue sending to people who opened my welcome email.

Is there a workaround maybe, so that I can ensure to send to active people only?

Thanks

I also found out that my microsoft outlook is disabling images. Maybe this does not happen everywhere?

Is that tracking of opens working the same way at aweber or get response? (With images/pixels?)

So, is there anything I can optimize or can I start the warmup now?

I opened my emails on my phone. There the opens are tracked without clicking...

Hey again :)

I got some data now. I`m in the process of moving my list slowly to my server now and I send out a mail a day.

I have open rates of 60-90% with basically everything I send out. Content doesn't seem to matter really...

Is that because I did the necessary steps right and my reputation and list are so healthy, or can there be something wrong with those numbers?

Thanks,
Timo

Is that because I did the necessary steps right and my reputation and list are so healthy, or can there be something wrong with those numbers?
It's hard to say, it can be both of them or neither.

We do track everything, so if your email is opened by a spam filter before, that gets tracked as well, so keep that in mind.
You should have a seed list for various providers and include that in the email list so that you also receive the campaigns on those addresses and see if your opens get tracked properly, etc.

What is a seed list? What does „Receive the campaigns“ mean?
An internal test list - usually your team and/or a list of different email providers (often devices) that you have access to, to test deliverability and rendering ahead of the actual broadcast.

Hey there!

I created a seed list and did some testing.

I found out that most of my opens are not real. It was google mostly.

Now what?

How can I make sure that my number show only real people?

I found out that most of my opens are not real. It was google mostly.

Now what?
@nadworks added a good link to explain this in that post, see https://help.litmus.com/article/166-how-are-gmail-opens-reported-within-email-analytics

We're looking to see if we can find a way around this, we've been busy with MailWizz 2.0, but this week this topic is our priority, so we're checking this.

Back