Mailwizz 1.3.9.x - feeling brave to test the beta release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@twisted1919 did you put this feature (verified sender email id management) in backlog?
@frm.mwz / @lestraw - You're right guys, my bad here, not sure how i misread that.
@Priti - I'm going to look into this.
@twisted1919 thanks for your understanding, I every time you update the changes log I am curious to see if this feature is coming. So here I am making a polite inquiry. Are you considering this feature (verified sender email ids management only verified email ids can send emails despite domain verified this will ensure that sender email id does exist to take responsibility) in backlog?
@VVT feature request is also worth your consideration - there should frequent check for domain verification of verified domain to avoid any unauthorized use and if required DNS records i.e. DKIM and SPF anytime goes missing sending email should stop and domain should go again for verification.
All in all these features will help to make email sending more authorized and accountable which further will help to keep sending reputation intact.

@Priti - if this is listed in the feature request sub-forum, i am going to consider it, together with at @VVT's request.
Just please keep in mind there are other requests i have to implement before reaching to yours, so it might take a while.

Hi guys,

I just made version 1.3.9.6 (together with 1.3.9.5) available for download, with a lot of changes/improvements as follows:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.3.9.6 - 2017-04-07
[ADD] - Added start page for MIS Reports
[MSC] - Misc fixes

--- Version 1.3.9.5 - 2017-04-07
[ADD] - Added ability to add random content blocks with full html and trackable links for each campaign
[ADD] - Added ability to do recurring import from urls
[ADD] - Added ability to update missing optin history when subscriber updates his profile. Can be turned on/off globally or per customer group
[ADD] - Added ability to store the last login of users and customers. Beware, customers last login is updated when customer is impersonated
[ADD] - Added ability for customers to disable their accounts
[ADD] - Added STATUS_PENDING_DISABLE for customers which will be set when a customer disables his account
[ADD] - Added STATUS_DISABLED for customers which will be set by the daily cron job when the account data will be removed
[ADD] - Added ability to categorize email templates
[ADD] - Added the customer_login_with_disabled_account action hook which is triggered when a disabled customer logs in and the account is enabled again
[ADD] - Added ability to load a init-custom.php file placed in apps/ folder. You can place here custom init directives, but also hook into available application
[ADD] - Added MIS reports area for customer campaigns
[ADD] - Added ability to give a strict number of times a recurring campaign is allowed to run
[ADD] - Added ability to parse dynamic tags for when taking actions agaisnt subscribers on campaign open or link click
[ADD] - Added 'delivery_servers_form_view_file' filter hook to overwrite the form view file for servers
[CHG] - Deleting customers will mark them as deleted and will be removed for good when the daily cron job runs
[CHG] - On Start Pages, the heading, content and icon are now all optional
[CHG] - Email templates area layout is now grid based
[MSC] - Misc fixes

I think this is the last beta release, we're finally getting stable so next one will be a stable release most likely.
No more features will be added from now until we do a stable release.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I just made version 1.3.9.6 (together with 1.3.9.5) available for download, with a lot of changes/improvements as follows:
Code:
[MSC] - Misc fixes

[ADD] - Added ability to add random content blocks with full html and trackable links for each campaign
[ADD] - Added ability to update missing optin history when subscriber updates his profile. Can be turned on/off globally or per customer group
[ADD] - Added ability to store the last login of users and customers. Beware, customers last login is updated when customer is impersonated
[ADD] - Added STATUS_PENDING_DISABLE for customers which will be set when a customer disables his account
[ADD] - Added STATUS_DISABLED for customers which will be set by the daily cron job when the account data will be removed
[ADD] - Added the customer_login_with_disabled_account action hook which is triggered when a disabled customer logs in and the account is enabled again
[ADD] - Added ability to load a init-custom.php file placed in apps/ folder. You can place here custom init directives, but also hook into available application
[ADD] - Added ability to give a strict number of times a recurring campaign is allowed to run
[ADD] - Added ability to parse dynamic tags for when taking actions agaisnt subscribers on campaign open or link click
[ADD] - Added 'delivery_servers_form_view_file' filter hook to overwrite the form view file for servers
[CHG] - Deleting customers will mark them as deleted and will be removed for good when the daily cron job runs
[MSC] - Misc fixes

I think this is the last beta release, we're finally getting stable so next one will be a stable release most likely.

Thanks.
GREAT :cool:

@twisted1919 after updating to 1.3.9.6 from 1.3.8.6 receiving the following error:

Property "Customer.last_login" is not defined.

This comes when try to login at customer area.

@AC AFD - Can you please check the mw_customer table and see if it has that column, that is: last_login column?
if it does, then you can try to clear the app cache, delete/rename /apps/common/runtime/cache/
P.S: I have updated 3 installs today with this version and didn't get such error, so it must be the cache.

Can this be switched off?
unfortunately not something easy to accomplish.

Is it just us or did 1.3.9.6 mess around with the order of the icons in the left menu?
In our case it is one of our plugins that suddenly got the top position in the left menu, previously it had a position in the middle of the menu.

Last edited:
@AC AFD - Can you please check the mw_customer table and see if it has that column, that is: last_login column?
if it does, then you can try to clear the app cache, delete/rename /apps/common/runtime/cache/
P.S: I have updated 3 installs today with this version and didn't get such error, so it must be the cache.

unfortunately not something easy to accomplish.

@twisted1919, By clearing cache it worked perfectly! Thanks

Is it just us or did 1.3.9.6 mess around with the order of the icons in the left menu?
In our case it is one of our plugins that suddenly got the top position in the left menu, previously it had a position in the middle of the menu.
No idea about this, i didn't do any change in that regard.

@twisted1919, When I click on the template to have screenshot it doesn't show up. So I wanted to confirm where it get's stored, so that I can see folder permissions. Thanks

@AC AFD - I just tested and generated the SS for a template:

Screenshot 2017-04-07 23.07.51.png

The template images are stored in /frontend/assets/files so that has to be chmoded to 0777.

Hi guys,

Code:
[MSC] - Misc fixes

[MSC] - Misc fixes

Thanks.

What could be the reason that "Checking if the server is over quota..." takes a long time? How can this be shortened?

On some emails, it puts out
"
Preparing the entire email addresses...
Using delivery server:...
"
several times, while normally only once. What could be the reason?

@twisted1919, When today we tried to send an email campaign it was not processing via cron and in cron history it was shows "Error".

We tried to run sending command via SSH but it showed "PCNTL processes running already, locks acquired previously!"

So we killed all the php processes using " kill $(ps aux | grep '[p]hp' | awk '{print $2}') " and then tried via SSH it showed the campaign and started processing.

But it's extremely running extremely slow and in campaign it shows processed "20".

We noticed in SSH that it take lot of time on "Checking if the server is over quota..."

So we've created a file named performance-levels-custom.php in apps/common/config folder with content: "<?php define('MW_PERF_LVL', MW_PERF_LVL_DISABLE_DS_LOG_USAGE | MW_PERF_LVL_DISABLE_DS_QUOTA_CHECK);"

But it still showing "Checking if the server is over quota..." in SSH.

What to do? Thanks

Last edited:
Can I add ?:
Integration of the site with mailwizz. For example: a visitor comes to the site, leaves an email and for a long time does not go to the site, a year later he goes to the site and mailwizz sends him a letter.

Very nice Master @twisted1919
Have Printable Version for Campaign Reports ?
Yes, this should work fine now.

What could be the reason that "Checking if the server is over quota..." takes a long time? How can this be shortened?
What does it mean long, how long? Does it always do the same?

On some emails, it puts out
"
Preparing the entire email addresses...
Using delivery server:...
"
several times, while normally only once. What could be the reason?
This is normal, using pcntl means the output will be a bit messed since several processed will write to STDOUT at same time.

We noticed in SSH that it take lot of time on "Checking if the server is over quota..."
As above, how long is long? Can you PM me with ssh access to take a look at this? if you and @frm.mwz have this problem, then it worth looking into.

Added ability to add random content blocks with full html and trackable links for each campaign
See the template step of the campaign. Basically now you can define a lot of HTML blocks and use them in the RANDOM_CONTENT tag. Previously, the random_content tag did not support html spinning. Now with this feature, it does.

Integration of the site with mailwizz. For example: a visitor comes to the site, leaves an email and for a long time does not go to the site, a year later he goes to the site and mailwizz sends him a letter.
mailwizz does not have this type of automation for now, but it has been requested before afaik.

What does it mean long, how long? Does it always do the same?
Takes a full minute, seems to coincide with cron, in an odd way!
Yes, it always does the same :(

Looks like this:
Code:
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - xyz123@gmail.com - 87/100
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - Checking if we can send to domain of xyz123@gmail.com...
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - Checking if xyz123@gmail.com is blacklisted...
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - Checking if the server is over quota...
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - Preparing the entire email...
[2017-04-08 18:01:03] - Using delivery server: smtp.sparkpostmail.com (ID: 7).
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Sending response is: OK
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Sending OK.
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Done for xyz123@gmail.com, logging delivery...

[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - xyz456@gmail.com - 88/100
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Checking if we can send to domain of xyz456@gmail.com...
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Checking if xyz456@gmail.com is blacklisted...
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Checking if the server is over quota...
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Preparing the entire email...
[2017-04-08 18:02:03] - Using delivery server: smtp.sparkpostmail.com (ID: 7).
[2017-04-08 18:03:04] - Sending response is: OK
[2017-04-08 18:03:04] - Sending OK.
[2017-04-08 18:03:04] - Done for xyz456@gmail.com, logging delivery...
Hope this is not a difficult fix, but it is very badly needed ;)
(50 million emails, 50 million minutes, ie end of life!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back