Mailwizz 1.3.9.x - feeling brave to test the beta release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@twisted1919 , now I have "felt brave" for quite some time and I just wonder when the actual release will come, or possibly a new RC? :)

@Jamie Whittingham - What @OptiBiz1 says is that the download link is in the first post of this topic ;)

Yes, that's obvious. That's the wonders of links. :) They can actually point somewhere and if a link doesn't come with the # character (with a corresponding position on a page) it actually points to the top position of that page, or thread for that matter.
Cool, huh!? ;) :) :D

@OptiBiz1 - a new RC is around the corner, i could make it today, but i want to add an area with some reports for all campaigns (like a table with click/opens/unsubs/bounces/etc counts and rates) with filtering by date/list and export ability. once i complete this, i'll do the RC, which is most likely the last one given the things look very stable now.

@twisted1919 is it possible to change the purpose for "message" field in campaign_delivery_log to be set to 1 (if everything is OK) or 2 (if there were some errors while processing the letter)?
And to store the messages in the specific area (for ex. in separate tables).

Why am I asking for this improvement? Because it's really impossible to work with that huge DB without indexes for "message" field. I am trying to make an extension to show all the errors that occurred on specific range of time. It takes really too much time to process 8M table with queries like WHERE date_added BETWEEN.

@imeow - that's a complex thing because i have to have in mind existing customers and altering the campaign delivery log table is an operation that can take days on some servers where people use mailwizz for a living... so i better don't do it.
Instead, explain me what types of queries are you running, add them here together with the output of an EXPLAIN on them, i am sure the addition of a right index will make things faster.

@twisted1919 –– thank you. That subscriber filter tool is great. Can't believe I didn't find it before. It would be wonderful if the list segmentation feature was just as robust. Perhaps that is in the "to do list?"

@twisted1919 is it possible to change the purpose for "message" field in campaign_delivery_log to be set to 1 (if everything is OK) or 2 (if there were some errors while processing the letter)?
And to store the messages in the specific area (for ex. in separate tables).

Why am I asking for this improvement? Because it's really impossible to work with that huge DB without indexes for "message" field. I am trying to make an extension to show all the errors that occurred on specific range of time. It takes really too much time to process 8M table with queries like WHERE date_added BETWEEN.
It is a good idea to think about and propose database efficiency measures, e.g. improved structures, independently of how they are later implemented, otherwise innovation is held hostage by status quo. So let's see what would be the ideal database structure for a powerful mailer like MailWizz?

@imeow - that's a complex thing because i have to have in mind existing customers and altering the campaign delivery log table is an operation that can take days on some servers where people use mailwizz for a living... so i better don't do it.
Instead, explain me what types of queries are you running, add them here together with the output of an EXPLAIN on them, i am sure the addition of a right index will make things faster.
Perhaps there is a way, by using a transition step, where the database would get transformed into the stage when it could be used with a future version. This procedure could run in the background, when the app is offline, or in stages, so it is never one big bulky transformation while updating. Then, when such transformation is done (or the majority of it), the new version could be updated to (and if there is anything remaining from the separate background transformation, e.g. as the app was live from the snapshot til upgrade, then that small part could be done while upgrading). This is just an idea, feel free to do something much better. But I believe there is a way forward to more efficient database structures, as somehow it seems it will be needed with the enormous growth of aggregated data in our databases...
Would be great if you could keep it at the back of your head @twisted1919 , and only as fast as safety and quality allow, but surely move towards it! Thx :)

Anyone? What are the most efficient email database structures you know?

Last edited:
The one piece i see now over the previous stable version is I get the 'The CSRF token could not be verified" error just about every page I try to update. Going back and re-saving allows me to continue, but It happens alot.

EDIT - It appears that my Alpha release was the reason behind the CSRF issue with this new Beta. The only way to successfully view the alpha and beta simultaneously is in different web browsers. So lesson learned.

Love the new changes so far!

Last edited:
could make it today, but i want to add an area with some reports for all campaigns (like a table with click/opens/unsubs/bounces/etc counts and rates) with filtering by date/list and export ability
If you sense it could take another week or so, perhaps release another beta containing everything til here, so you have more peace to develop it to the fullest ;)

Here is something I have noticed with regards to upgrading/downgrading customers. As a customer, if I already have 1 List created, and I want to downgrade, or upgrade, to a larger subscriber count package, it errors to me:
  • Selected price plan allows 1 lists but you already have 1, therefore you cannot apply for the plan!
If the plan has two allowed lists, then yes, it does work. To me, shouldn't it allow you to upgrade or downgrade as long as your current plans has less than, or equal to the new plan min numbers (subscribers, sending domains, etc...that are defined within the price plan specs)?

I also decided to try a fresh install of the beta ... and I am unable to get the DB import to work from the wizard.

It errors with: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'system.common-site_status' for key 'PRIMARY'

Running the schema.sql and insert.sql individually CLI does work. I have dumped the DB 3 times now and still run into the same issue.

This is a fresh pull of 1.3.9.4 from this morning.

@twisted1919, thank you for the updates.

i just wanna be sure all bounce handling issues been solved before i switch to the newest version.
some Gmail new bounces which i do keep on adding them manually.
also, after few days of email delivery when IPs are blocked all bounces are treated as HARD instead of internal.

are these issues solved/updated?

Thanks

@DigitalBoy - We did a few changes in the bounce rules and added whatever was suggested to add, so if you have rules too add there for the stable release, please let me know and i'll add them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back