[Important] - Drag and drop editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

As many of you know, and many of you requested, i am working in implementing a drag and drop editor and many of you guys suggested this one. So i did the implementation, which works very very nice and smooth with mailwizz, then, as required by Envato licensing system, i have requested the author the permissions to let me use the editor in the mailwizz extension, and big surprise, the guy says no.
At this point i am in an open dialogue with him as you can see here so hopefully i can reach some type of agreement with him so that i can make the extension available to you.

In worse case scenario, whoever buys the drag and drop editor extension for mailwizz, will have to also buy a license for the drag-and-drop editor itself, which is a real bummer as i don't like putting my customers in such situation, but will see how things evolve and i'll post updates here as they come.

Thanks for your attention :)

I believe there's a language barrier in the discussion I read over themforest, I feel confident that soon enough (maybe before the end of 2015) we can see this addon live :)

wow what a dick! Why would he disagree? Wouldn't he make more sales by saying yes? SMH!

EDIT: Just now read the dialog on his item page..well hopefully it works out. Good luck!

You say that the editor works no possibility that each of us to buy the editor and you can develop an extension so it can be used within mailwizz, if so what I buy and I

@twisted1919, I've just gone through your and persefone_it conversation, and it seems he not at all interested. Also I suggest don't ask him for the extra customer license part, as customer it is very weird. Because imagine customer buys your script and then he get to know, to use drag & drop feature except normal editor he have to pay extra.

I would suggest, if he don't have extended license then use his files anyway ;)

Do not the translation is clear, I consulted is possible that one buys independently editor and then be used with serious MailWiz may be able to develop a script that integrates this editor so that you can buy individually and you the extention that integrate it?

@twisted1919 i have been away a couple of days so not noticed the post you have made. As you can recall i started a thread suggesting the specefic drag and drop editor in question.

It would be nice to run a beta test against this and i can provide a server for you with either root access and cpanel or direct root access for you to configure however you require.

PM me if you would be looking to put it to the test and maybe allow it to be a public beta test server for the guys to trial or keep it private.. im very Kean to see the development in action.

Regards.

@BirdyUK - For now the testing isn't the problem, but the way that guys sees the world and the way it tries to impose me some things in order to use his editor, editor that i have modified a lot because it was a real mess.

actually that editor is not very stable..I don't know if is useful invest a lot of works on that.

@twisted1919 I personally think Mosaico is a good alternative and with a little bit of modernization i believe it could be a good builder to implement. I guess any drag and drop builder with modern styles, content blocks and so on and so forth would be more than ideal to start with and then progress onwards with future updates and releases.

I would personally "(If Possible as i know this is much more easier said than done)" try to re-code one of the popular builders already out there that will give you the full understanding of the code from start to finish that way you will know every line of code inside out and will not have to worry about issues within the mailwizz app clashing with the builder.

99% of the email marketing platforms and websites out-there all have a builder so i guess there must be a wider range available that we just have not come across yet that could be more upto date, modern, ideal and even built using a similar framework.

We are all with you 100% on this and once perfected, This will be the huge breaking point for mailwizz and increasing sales probably 10x fold allowing users to basically have their own SaaS right out the box.

Thanks

@Niko - I know, i am considering all of these b4 choosing something.
The editor from CC was good because it was very small so it was a good start for us, we would have extended it big time.

@BirdyUK - I won't give up that easy don't worry, if anything, this step back made me search for a solution more aggressively.

Anyway, it is what it is for now.

I have tired Mosaico it's nice but this builder is template based blocks system just like http://www.stampready.net/ builder..

Even while mosaico is free to use its quite dull in UI & UX
I would say till the time twisted create his own or we all find an alternative.. We use the builder which twisted already implemented (Builder from codecanyon).. I know it takes a lot of working to create something like this but im sure twisted will find a better way soon.. But till then lets play with the one we have ready to go !!

I'am also looking into other solutions but nothing interesting yet.

One question In Mosaico do they allow you to remove there watermark ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back