Sender problem with amazon SES

Andrea Magrin

I've the same problem of this guy:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/sending-letters-with-an-invalid-email-from.1186/
I use two server to send email. Mandrillapp and AMAZON SES

With Mandrilapp there are no problem. I've verified every sender email and all work fine Mail wizz send mail From Sender I've specified on every single Campaign. I'm not doing spoofing it works very fine.

But with Amazon Ses with the same campaign (I change only server for sending mail) all work different The sender is always the sender specified on the server setting.

Is there any way to make amazon ses work exaclty like mandrill app?
Or maybe I need to create a server for every sending domain or campaign?

Thank you for your answer.

I was facing the same issue and was not sure if it was supposed to be that way. As I only send with Amazon SES I ended up creating a new server for every sending name.

I was unaware that it worked differently for other send servers. It would be nice to have this for Amazon SES too :)

Amazon ses - this is exactly how it works. Like @twisted1919 says here:

With amazon ses you cannot do that. Amazon wants all emails used in the FROM address to be verified with them, thus spoofing of the FROM address is not possible.

Or maybe I need to create a server for every sending domain or campaign?

if you want to do this and if you have an access to every sending domain administration panel - you can. But it certainly will not be the optimal solution.

All mail I use in the from addresses are verified both MANDRILLAPP and AMAZON SES too. I did this for prevent SPAM and because Amazon need this to send every email.
(I tell you this because maybe I don't Understand what @twisted1919 said)

It seems that if I use MANDRILLAPP sending server: Mailwizz uses the sender address of campaign but
when I change to AMAZON SES it seems Mailwizz uses only the sender that I set to FROM of Sending server option, but all sender address that I use are verified in both sending server.

If it's possible to change sending server without change any setting or without create a server for every campaign, because it seems only Amazon SES has this problem.

You can attach specify sending server ( ex. Mandrill) to one client / group. After sending campaign (from this client account) you can attach this server to another client / group.

OR in Mandrill you can create sub accounts (one for each client) and in MailWizz you can ad server with this sub account for client.

Thank you @SQLIK I already thought at this solution but I prefer to have all campaign and lists in only one user.
My question was another.

It's possible to change sending server without change any setting or without create a server for every campaign OR USER and make it works like other sending server?

For example I want to use Mandrillapp and AMAZON SES with 50% of probability both to distribuite sending email in two server.
But if it's no possibile for any reason... I use only MANDRILLAPP That works fine... but it's a pity

It's possible to change sending server without change any setting or without create a server for every campaign OR USER and make it works like other sending server?

If you want to use only one server at a time can such an assignment set in: customers/group/edit selected group/servers sheet (checkbox for server you want to).

I want to use Mandrillapp and AMAZON SES with 50% of probability both to distribuite sending email in two server.

If you want do this, you must do the steps above and checkbox two delivery server (Mandrill and SES ora another). In your sending server settings you must set probability to 50% for each server.

Amazon SES has great prices, but don't allow spoofing sending domains.

In my own service i have implemented a similar scenario to yours. As the delivery servers currently I am using Mandrill, Spark post and Elastic Email.

PS. Elastic Email give you for free 25.000 emails for each month. So without worrying about the cost, you can test whether it meets your expectations.

You are super. Thank you. I'll try with another smtp server like you suggest

But...

I don't understand why amazon considers Spoofing a sender that I have verified and why we can't do that this modifing software... (sorry for my english)

Question :
If I change the sender Name in server setting and this is verified by amazonSES...
Amason SES will send the email from this Sender?

IF no... I don't Undertand why AMAZON SES permits to add a lot of email sender and domain..

But if Yes... is not possibile to make a modify to software that do it automatically when it see that a email sender is different from campaign sender to server sender?
I hope you understand what I mean and help me to understand how Amazon think...

I'll try soon with your suggested smtp server

If I change the sender Name in server setting and this is verified by amazonSES...
Amason SES will send the email from this Sender?

If you verify your entire domain you can send from any email address on it. Each sending entire domain must be verify in SES.

Look to official announcement form Amazon.

Yes Sure. I verified both Domain and Email addressed for every sender. Like in mandrillapp with DKIM adding DNS records for every domain.

Back