command line (cli) export process being killed by the server

zedomingues

I'm exporting a list of 200.000 addresses via cli.

I'm using the following code:

Code:
php -q /FOLDER_REMOVE/public_html/apps/console/console.php listexport --list_uid=REMOVE --folder_path=/FOLDER_REMOVE/ --verbose=1

however, whenever the file is close to 25%, the export process is killed by the server (see attached print).

please, should i watch something on the server so that the process is not killed automatically like that?

tks

Attachments

• export-error.png
    export-error.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 11
@zedomingues - this is something we can't help with, i think this happens because the process takes longer, which is understandable, but your hosting has a process watcher and kills any process that takes more than what they think will be problematic for their servers.
You will have to speak to them about this.

@zedomingues - this is something we can't help with, i think this happens because the process takes longer, which is understandable, but your hosting has a process watcher and kills any process that takes more than what they think will be problematic for their servers.
You will have to speak to them about this.

thanks for the aswer, however, this server is a VPS managed entirely by me.

I will look for some information in the virtualmin documentation.

tks

Depends on the type of VPS you run.

Of you are running a VPS based on viriualization technology as in cpanel types and the like, the above statement from @twisted1919 is still true, as this type of VPS shares the real resources of the same server, and thus the server owner/provider can still restrict this by timing out too long time taking processes.

For real full control, what you need is real VPS servers based on cloud technology like AWS and Digital Ocean and all the like. I can help in installing and running MW with such technology.

Andy

thanks for the aswer, however, this server is a VPS managed entirely by me.

I will look for some information in the virtualmin documentation.

tks

thanks, @Andy , in the specific case, the VPS is provided by digital ocean.

I'll look at the virtualmin documentation more carefully and see if I can find any details.

tks

Depends on the type of VPS you run.

Of you are running a VPS based on viriualization technology as in cpanel types and the like, the above statement from @twisted1919 is still true, as this type of VPS shares the real resources of the same server, and thus the server owner/provider can still restrict this by timing out too long time taking processes.

For real full control, what you need is real VPS servers based on cloud technology like AWS and Digital Ocean and all the like. I can help in installing and running MW with such technology.

Andy

Great! Then as far as I can see D.O. is using cloud technology and therefore you should have FULL control, and even ROOT access to, your cloud VPS.

Andy

thanks, @Andy , in the specific case, the VPS is provided by digital ocean.

I'll look at the virtualmin documentation more carefully and see if I can find any details.

tks

I prefer to reinstall virtualmin, it seems to me that there is something wrong with the memory consumption.

please, what are the extensions needed for the script to work perfectly? (I didn't find a list on the documentation site)

tks

guys,

just passing by to report that the problem has been solved.

it was a bad configuration in virtualmin that was resolved.

thank you very much for your help and attention

Back