Unsubscribe Link provided by Advertiser

Discussion in 'Tips and tricks' started by GregKevey, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GregKevey

GregKevey New Member

S.E:
    2020-01-24 06:26:40
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Hi, Can somebody help to resolve this:

I have an exclusive offer from Advertiser that I want to offer to my Subscriber base. The advertiser provides with the Offer the "Opt Out" link that I suppose to add to my email template.

I can probably add opt-out link from Advertiser and every 2-3 days upload list and add to my mailwizz suppression list. But I guess I will lose stats of campaign unsubscribe

Questions:
    1. Can I add the link from Advertiser and track unsubscribe in mailwizz campaign?
    2. What is the best practice in this situation?

2. twisted1919

twisted1919 Administrator Staff Member

Why, what's happening when people click this link?

3. GregKevey

GregKevey New Member

S.E:
    2020-01-24 06:26:40
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Hi They, the subscriber will unsubscribe from the OFFER .

Let me explain this in on use case. The advertiser has an offer They are selling let's say "Insurance policy" they have 10 email who promote this Offer in order to keep a record of all subscribers they provide all emailers the link to unsubscribe from that offer. ALl consumers that unsubscribed will be accumulated in that One "common " list. Before starting email campaign Mailer has to a) download that list and add it to a suppression list (this should be done periodically on every week bases) b) add the link for OFFER unsubscribe to email.

All this is doable in mailwizz if you disable mandatory adding unsubscribe from admin panel. The only problem I see here is I can see the real number of unsubscribes in my campaign because I am not adding [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] placeholder instead I am adding Advertiser unsubscribe link.