Unsubscribe Link provided by Advertiser

GregKevey

Hi, Can somebody help to resolve this:

I have an exclusive offer from Advertiser that I want to offer to my Subscriber base. The advertiser provides with the Offer the "Opt Out" link that I suppose to add to my email template.

I can probably add opt-out link from Advertiser and every 2-3 days upload list and add to my mailwizz suppression list. But I guess I will lose stats of campaign unsubscribe

Questions:
1. Can I add the link from Advertiser and track unsubscribe in mailwizz campaign?
2. What is the best practice in this situation?

Why, what's happening when people click this link?

Hi They, the subscriber will unsubscribe from the OFFER .

Let me explain this in on use case. The advertiser has an offer They are selling let's say "Insurance policy" they have 10 email who promote this Offer in order to keep a record of all subscribers they provide all emailers the link to unsubscribe from that offer. ALl consumers that unsubscribed will be accumulated in that One "common " list. Before starting email campaign Mailer has to a) download that list and add it to a suppression list (this should be done periodically on every week bases) b) add the link for OFFER unsubscribe to email.

All this is doable in mailwizz if you disable mandatory adding unsubscribe from admin panel. The only problem I see here is I can see the real number of unsubscribes in my campaign because I am not adding [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] placeholder instead I am adding Advertiser unsubscribe link.

I have a very similar issue.

I am required by the advertiser to carry their unsubscribe link (for the reason stated above) as well as my unsubscribe link. I have to have both links.

I would like to display the links as follows:

"Unsubscribe" from this offer only
"Unsubscribe" from all offers

The first link would take care of the unsubscribes for the advertiser only and the second link would have the dual function of unsubscribing from the advertiser list as well as my list.

Is there a way to create the second unsubscribe function?

I have a very similar issue.

I am required by the advertiser to carry their unsubscribe link (for the reason stated above) as well as my unsubscribe link. I have to have both links.

I would like to display the links as follows:

"Unsubscribe" from this offer only
"Unsubscribe" from all offers

The first link would take care of the unsubscribes for the advertiser only and the second link would have the dual function of unsubscribing from the advertiser list as well as my list.

Is there a way to create the second unsubscribe function?
Hello,

First link to unsubscribe from advertise that will be ok.

For second link, what you can do is - use Unsubscribe from your List - and then from using API - you can sent that unsubscriber to your Advertiser list.

@aswflyer - does the advertiser provide his own link to unsubscribe? if so, things are simple, you just have to add it in the email and that's all.
Otherwise you might use segmentations, and use an action so that whena link is clicked you change a custom field to a certain value, then you segment on that custom field.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will stick with the two simple unsubscribe links. Whichever link the customer selects, he will not receive the advertiser's offer again from me. He might from another affiliate, but at least I have done my duty and complied with the advertiser's wish to have a direct unsubscribe link in my email.

Back