Unable to find the socket transport "starttls"

Mahieddine

Hello,

I want to add SMTP Delivery server,

But i have the folowing message :

Connection could not be established with host mail.XXXXXX.com [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #26792144]
Log data:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host mail.XXXXX.com [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #26792144]

What to do for this problem ?

Thanks for your help

In MW backend go to miscellaneous > php info and look to make sure you have openssl compiled and enabled in php, you need it.

So it turns out we had openssl enabled already with PHP. What the actual problem was our Exim user credentials were wrong, so we had to set a new password. So that error message could possibly be misleading for some people, just a heads up.

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted. For future reference please provide info about your hosting environment when asking a question, Linux version, web server, php version, delivery server info. Makes it easier to try and pinpoint any issues.

Cheers

Rob

I HAVE :

OpenSSL support enabled
OpenSSL Library Version OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
OpenSSL Header Version OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013

What to do else ? still the same problem...

A have :
CentOS 6
DirectAdmin 1.48.3
Php 5.5.26
Exim 4.85
Apache 2.4.12

Thanks

As above, please provide info about your environment, hard to help without more info

After setting protocol to (black) i get :
Code:
Connection could not be established with host smtp.douniagroupe.com [Connection timed out #110]
Log data:
!! Connection could not be established with host smtp.douniagroupe.com [Connection timed out #110]

I can only connect with SMTP in the same server, i can(t connect to all SMTP out of server :(

I have these setting :

Code:
OpenSSL support enabled

Hello,
After setup dkim, i got this error when i try to validate my server:

!! Connection could not be established with host localhost [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #1]

My server:
Centos 7
Apache
postfix
Dovecot
Mariadb

Somebody can help whit this problem please?

If your smtp server require encryption, you should use tls not starttls, starttls is some old backward compatibility setting.

I am having the same problem ...

OpenSSL support enabled

Username/Password is perfect ...

When TLS used, I am getting the following error:

• Unable to connect with TLS encryption
    Log data:
    << 220 nucozy.com ESMTP Postfix
    >> EHLO seohorizon.com
    << 250-nucozy.com
    250-PIPELINING
    250-SIZE 10240000
    250-ETRN
    250-STARTTLS
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-8BITMIME
    250 DSN
    >> STARTTLS
    << 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
    !! Unable to connect with TLS encryption (code: 0)

Connection Security: STARTTLS
Authentication Method: Encrypted Password
Port: 25
With this SMTP Configuration I am able to Send Email via Thunderbird. But with this same configuration I am unable to Validate SMTP Server in MailWizz. And I am getting the following Error:

Connection could not be established with host XXXXXX.com [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

If you can connect with same details from Thunderbird and not from your server, it might have something to do with your server settings, like invalid certificates or the like. Can you PM me with the smtp credentials to try to add them in my dev and see if they work ?
if they do, then it's def. something from the server.

Back