@Torsten Högel - for now nothing because we haven't even started yet, we're in the planning phase, but our main concern is to get rid of any legacy code. We want to be php >= 7.1 compatible for mailwizz >= 2.0 and use all the right php language features because till now we didn't had the chance, mailwizz 1.x is, and will always be, compatible with php >= 5.2 up to 7.x., which implies lots of work from our end and inability to use some features we'd like so much.
So 2.0 will be breaking from these limitations. see more at https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/we-want-to-increase-minimum-php-version-to-run-mailwizz.5979/

Congrats @twisted1919 & team! I must say, you guys are one of the most hard working teams I've known in a decade. The best thing is you are open to community and accept to listen.

Cheers :)

Hello everyone,

After a lot of hard work we are able to release MailWizz 1.8.1 which brings a lot of improvements, changes and enhancements as the changelog shows.

Since this is a cumulative and large release, please make sure you backup your data before upgrading.
This brings us a step closer to MailWizz 2.0 and we're hoping that 1.8.x till 2.0 to be only maintenance releases. We will start our work for MailWizz 2.0 in August or September most likely.

Back to this release, we're really happy that we were able to include basic survey functionality. While not a complete solution yet, it's a step in the right direction which in future will become better and better. For now you can create simple surveys and include links to them in your campaigns.

Another note, i think people that use PHPMailer as the system mailer from Backend > Settings > Common, should switch to SwiftMailer instead as it is much more reliable and the difference in speed between the two is not that big.

Here's the version full changelog, from 1.7.5 which was latest stable release, to 1.8.1:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.8.1 - 2019-07-10
[BUG] - Fix broken breadcrumbs for numeric labels
[BUG] - Fix "empty" values handling in custom fields submissions for lists
[ADD] - Added API ability to create subscribers in bulk
[ENH] - Add comments for proper default value format for date and datetime custom fields for lists
[ENH] - If uploading a file for campaign attachments fails, we'll add a notification with the failure reason
[ADD] - Added email field type for email lists custom fields
[ADD] - Added url field type for email lists custom fields
[ADD] - Added phone number field type for email lists custom fields
[ADD] - Added rating field type for email lists custom fields
[ADD] - Added basic survey functionality

--- Version 1.8.0 - 2019-06-27
[ENH] - Improve SendCampaignsCommand to avoid sending dupes when a combination of slow Redis and dynamic limit was set
[ADD] - Added copy_customer_email_template action hook
[MSC] - Small fixes overall

--- Version 1.7.9 - 2019-06-25
[ADD] - Added {app}_model_{modelclass}_before_savestatus action hook. Params: $this
[ADD] - Added {app}_model_{modelclass}_after_savestatus action hook. Params: $this, $result
[ADD] - Added BaseActiveRecord::buildHookName to easily build hook names for AR models
[SEC] - Added more checks against images to prevent uploading unwanted files interpreted as images
[ADD] - Added new model and settings area for delete logs
[CHG] - Delete campaign delivery logs setting has been moved into OptionCronDeleteLogs model instead of OptionCronDelivery
[ADD] - Added ability to remove bounce logs beside campaign delivery logs. Backend > Settings > Cron
[ENH] - Bounce logs can now be replaced by static counters if "Delete bounce logs" = Yes in Backend > Settings > Cron
[ENH] - Open logs can now be replaced by static counters if "Delete open logs" = Yes in Backend > Settings > Cron
[ENH] - Click logs can now be replaced by static counters if "Delete click logs" = Yes in Backend > Settings > Cron
[ENH] - After list import for customer suppression list, we will also update the list last update attribute
[MSC] - Small fixes overall

--- Version 1.7.8 - 2019-06-10
[ADD] - Added ability to track phone links(tel:123123123) and email links(mailto:abc@example.com)
[ENH] - Delivery servers assigned for lists and campaigns usage, can now be used for their tests as well

--- Version 1.7.7 - 2019-06-03
[BUG] - Fixed a bug where UTM tags were not properly added to links
[IMP] - Use via.placeholder.com instead of placeholdit.imgix.net for placeholder images
[ADD] - Added [FUTURE_DAYS_X] and [BIRTHDAY_FUTURE_DAYS_X] tags
[CHG] - Switched to PHPMailer 6.x which now requires PHP >= 5.5. If PHP < 5.5, fallback silently on using SwiftMailer
[UPD] - Updated ElFinder
[UPD] - Updated SwiftMailer

--- Version 1.7.6 - 2019-05-15
[ADD] - Added [CAMPAIGN_VCARD_URL] tag which produces a url to download vcard details based on campaign info
[ADD] - Added [LIST_VCARD_URL] tag which produces a url to download vcard details based on list info
[ADD] - DeleteInactiveSubscribersCommand can now do count only to check before removal
[ADD] - Added Postal Web API delivery server type. Requires PHP >= 5.4
[BUG] - Fix a bug where the subject tags were not parsed for plain text campaigns
[ADD] - Added BackendDashboardCacheCommand (backend-dashboard-cache) which can be used to pre-populate the backend dashboard stats cache
[ADD] - Added ID and Unique ID in backend > customers area
[ADD] - Added price_plan_order_before_calculate_totals and price_plan_order_after_calculate_totals filter hooks
[BUG] - If tracking links contained twig tags, these tags were not parsed
[CHG] - Changed following delivery server columns to 255 bytes length: name / hostname / username / from_email / from_name / reply_to_email
[ADD] - Added ability to resend to giveups manually from the web interface
[ADD] - Added ability to share campaigns between accounts by generating and using share codes
[CHG] - Better email notification for list import from CLI
[ADD] - Added the segment name in the new list name when sending a campaign to multiple lists and merging them together
[ADD] - Added redirect_url_after_impersonate_customer filter hook to be able to change the url where admins are redirected after impersonate
[IMP] - Make sure the mutex and cache keys are unique per application

Hi.

It is an amazing work.

Is it possible from backend disable survey menu on customer dashboard? Would be great if disable option could be done to customers groups.

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
You can do that ;)

Hi.
Thanks for your answer.

I meant, hide Survey menu from customer dashboard. I don"t find the option in backend.

I see on Settings->Customers->Surveys, options for configurate it, but not for hidden the menu on customer dashboard.

On Customers->Groups->"Name of group"->Surveys I don't see the option neither.

Is it possible to hide that menu?

PS: I had updated MW to latest version 1.8.3

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
My point is that if you give them 0 surveys, the option will disappear ;)
Hi.

That option I did it before and menu doesn't dissapear.
It only works for not creating any survey, but menu still appears on customer dashboard.

I gave them 0 in backend to "Customers" and to "Groups" too.

Thanks a lot

We were able to reproduce this, thanks.
It has been fixed now and we will include it in the next release.

We were able to reproduce this, thanks.
It has been fixed now and we will include it in the next release.
It is awesome.

MW is every time more and more a great and an incredible tool for email marketing and with the new survey tool, it will cover another important area of marketing. I know you will give a great survey tool too with all the features. I think your survey tool will become to be a better alternative to LimeSurvey.

Thank you for all your work

Hi,
But I only found this [SURVEY:SURVEY_UNIQUE_ID_HERE:VIEW_URL] in my available tag from the campaign.
So I need to manually replace SURVEY_UNIQUE_ID_HERE with my surveys ID?

Back