List Export results in tiny corrupted ZIP file

Papapooch

Hi,
Has anyone had this problem?
We are on version 1.5.1. waiting for the next version with the slow sending fixed before we upgrade.

We tried exporting one of our average sized subscriber lists of 45,000 names using the List Tool for exporting to CSV. We opened the specific list we wanted and then selected Tools.
The screen showed that the export was successful with 0 errors.

We received a small ZIP file of only 347k!
And it could not be opened.

Is there a fix for this?

@laurentiu - We are trying to get the list contents with all the custom field values. I think that the command line may only give the basic fields in mw_list_subscribers.

Thanks for answering. I will try command line. Wish I knew how to construct the view that will give me all the fields.

here are the values in the Exporter settings in a screen shot. I will now try the command-line export. I also include export steps taken.list export process.png export file corrupt.png exporter settings.png

@frm.mwz Thanks so much for helping. I may upgrade MW this Sunday.
I was able to get the list to export with all the custom fields using the command line.
The CSV file exported was 3 mb and it was just fine.

That CSV was much larger than the zip file that was produced by the Frontend.
I tried 7-zip and Winzip to open the ZIP...both failed.
And I had tried several times to export from the Frontend with the same results.
It looks as if the front-end export fails to produce a valid file for lists of approximately 50k names or more. But I still need to verify that by exporting some smaller lists to make sure they work well.
BTW...we have 30 GB of memory on the server so I don't think that is the problem.

At least now we have a way to export with confidence.
Thanks

It looks as if the front-end export fails to produce a valid file for lists of approximately 50k names or more. But I still need to verify that by exporting some smaller lists to make sure they work well.
BTW...we have 30 GB of memory on the server so I don't think that is the problem.
This between the webserver settings and php settings, probly it times out somewhere, so align those values and it should work. The cli is better though, as you did :)

Back