Just installed, greeted with server error

Luke

Followed the instructions everything seemed to install fine, but when I visit the site and the backend link nothing works and I just get a server error notification.

http://mailjackal.com/backend/index.php/guest/index

I've deleted the install folder, and set the main-custom.php permission to 555 as instructed in the setup.

I don't know what's causing this or what other information that I can provide that would be helpful.

I've turned on debugging, but it won't let me alter the file permission, in Filezilla I get an error code 550 Could not change perms on main-custom.php

Hello, @Luke
Some host are not that compatible and strict, may I ask, are you installing this on a VPS, DEDICATED server or shared hosting?
Most time, i do recommend installing Mailwizz on a VPS or DEDICATED server so you could have access control of it.
Installing Mailwizz on WHM/Cpanel server is also recommended, as far as i have experienced with Mailwizz app, no issue so far installing it on WHM/Cpanel .

To enjoy Mailwizz with no much issue, you would want to a good host and server.
From my own end here, i have never experience any error using Mailwizz since earlier this Year.

Thank You!:cool:

Hello, @Luke
Some host are not that compatible and strict, may I ask, are you installing this on a VPS, DEDICATED server or shared hosting?
Most time, i do recommend installing Mailwizz on a VPS or DEDICATED server so you could have access control of it.
Installing Mailwizz on WHM/Cpanel server is also recommended, as far as i have experienced with Mailwizz app, no issue so far installing it on WHM/Cpanel .

To enjoy Mailwizz with no much issue, you would want to a good host and server.
From my own end here, i have never experience any error using Mailwizz since earlier this Year.

Thank You!:cool:

I have an idea of what it is. It's something I've seen before when one extracts the zip on a Win/Mac-tel first and then uploads it to a webhost. The user & group owners are nobody:nobody or some other uid:gid, and due to the ownership of the file(s) being different from their own, they can't change the permissions as they don't have permission to do so. Support from his host is going to have to change the user and group owner of the file(s) to the same as his user:group.

Last edited:
I have an idea of what it is. It's something I see before when one extracts the zip on a Win/Mac-tel first and then uploads it to a webhost. The user & group owners are nobody:nobody or some other uid:gid, and due to the ownership of the file(s) being different from their own, they can't change the permissions as they don't have permission to do so. Support from his host is going to have to change the user and group owner of the file(s) to the same as his user:group.
Thanks for pointing out

Is it not something to do with include(/home/mailjack/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CAssetManager.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory? I've tried re uploading that file and everytime I do it gets deleted instantly.

@Luke - I think you should ask your hosting what the deal is. I think you might simply have some issues with the space on your hosting account. Or with the permissions. Your hosting should shed some light on all of this.

Back