Images not showing up after uploading my html email template

ronball

Hi,
I uploaded my html email template but the images does not show up. Does somebody know the work around about it? I zipped both the index.html and the folder where it is supposed to pull the images from.

@ronball - of you switch the editor in source mode, do you see the urls that point to images? If you do, what happens when you copy such url in the browser and access it?

@twisted1919

I'm not sure I'm getting what you mean to say but this is a snippet of the code that's supposed to pull the image/s and pop it up to the html email..... src="images/t3_image2.jpg".....my email html images are internally sourced...its not gonna come from an image hosting site.

I read somewhere from a 2018 mailwizz forum about this UFW (Uncomplicated Fire Wall) that's causing this problem of images not showing up, I'm not sure if this is my case though

@ronball - your templates, when you open them locally on your pc, can have images references like you shown:
Code:
src="images/t3_image2.jpg"
But when you upload them, mailwizz will copy those images in a web accessible location, and will also change the file urls, so your above example will become:
Code:
src="https://www.some-domain.com/frontend/assets/files/email-templates/{somehash}/images/t3_image2.jpg"
or something similar.
This means that you need to make sure the folder /frontend/assets/files/ is chmoded to 0777 recursive so that mailwizz can create content in it, so check that as well.
That being said, it is important to know if after upload, the images urls in the email template get changed or not.

@twisted1919

How do I execute this chmod command to 0777? Do I chmod each image files or do I chmod a particular folder which contains the images that I wanted to show up on my html email template? Please help

How do I go about this? Do I need to encode....... chmod +x /apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms to the putty client?

Do I also need to input this into the putty clent...../apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms

Pardon me for am not an ubuntu expert
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# make it executable
chmod +x /apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms

# run it
/apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms

How do I go about this? Do I need to encode....... chmod +x /apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms to the putty client?

Do I also need to input this into the putty clent...../apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms

Pardon me for am not an ubuntu expert
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# make it executable
chmod +x /apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms

# run it
/apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms
Yes, you need to execute this command chmod +x yourdomain/apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms to the putty client.

@ronball - As the error in the picture says, there is no file or folder for which you applied your command. First you have to go to the folder where mailwizz is and then run the command.

Yesterday my problem was my html email template images were not showing....now my problem is could no longer access my digital ocean vps....digital ocean support says that port 80, 443 & 10000 are all closed and that i have to restart apache2 webserver,,,,for a non-IT like me, its a very nerve wracking experience buy enjoyable and fruitful learning journey so far...i hope I can reach the end goal of this digital marketing journey

@ronball - did you try restarting the whole vps?
It's hard to say what is going on, you can open a support ticket with ssh access to the server so we can take a look, maybe webmin is down or soemthing, then a restart will help.

Back