Hourly limit for server not being followed when sending campaign

Ikhan85

I'm currently working with an SMTP server that is fairly new, and have therefore set a specific hourly limit on this server in the Backend settings. Problem is, this limit that I have set is not being followed when sending campaigns. Could it be because the targeted number of subscribers that I'm sending to exceeds the hourly quota combined for all my servers? Meaning, after both servers have exhausted their hourly limit, and having no other servers connected, does the hourly quota just get ignored?

In a perfect world, I was hoping mailwizz was able to pause sending after the servers exhausted their hourly limit, and then resumed sending upon the start of every new hour. Is this not the case?

Could it be because the targeted number of subscribers that I'm sending to exceeds the hourly quota combined for all my servers?
No, that cannot be the reason.

Meaning, after both servers have exhausted their hourly limit, and having no other servers connected, does the hourly quota just get ignored?
That shouldn't be the case.

In a perfect world, I was hoping mailwizz was able to pause sending after the servers exhausted their hourly limit, and then resumed sending upon the start of every new hour. Is this not the case?
That's exactly how it should work.

I just tested and hourly quota it's working correctly. Can you double check your quota on delivery server? Also you don't have other delivery servers that don't have a quota and could send these emails?

No, that cannot be the reason.

That shouldn't be the case.

That's exactly how it should work.

I just tested and hourly quota it's working correctly. Can you double check your quota on delivery server? Also you don't have other delivery servers that don't have a quota and could send these emails?
That is correct, both deliver servers have an hourly quota but the quotas were both exceeded when I sent a campaign the other day. I will give it another try and report back.

If in the circumstance that I have to pause a campaign because my quotas are not being abided by, is there a limit of time that I can pause my campaigns for? Or I can do so for however long I please?

That is correct, both deliver servers have an hourly quota but the quotas were both exceeded when I sent a campaign the other day. I will give it another try and report back.

If in the circumstance that I have to pause a campaign because my quotas are not being abided by, is there a limit of time that I can pause my campaigns for? Or I can do so for however long I please?
Looks like the hourly quota is working correctly. Not sure what happened the other day, but it seems to have corrected itself.

Back