Hotmail and Gmail Domain SPAM marks

Jota

Hi,

Before of all allow me to explain, we're a very small web agency, and we have been working with Sendy and SES for some time.

We've been sending very small campaigns to small lists (always double opt/in) with a generic domain of us (ourowndomain.com) until some day, accidentally, we sent same campaign repeated (the cancel option didn't work), then Google and MS marked us as SPAM.

After that, we started to use the "correct" domains, as per client and service, but being domains that didn't send email before, we were being marked as SPAM very easily and fast, especially by Microsoft.

When using sendy and SES, using new domain and sending to our default SES speed (28m/sec) we were blocked after about 500 emails, now we see that adding new domains than almost didn't send emails before, most of them are blocked, probably coz of the speed of the emails ?

Mi 1st conclusion: Sending with new domains that didn't send bulk email before, will need to run a WarmUp process. Is this correct ?

Now we're starting using Sendy and we're starting to play with sending speeds and so (using PMTA, need to play with it) test mailerq and PMTA, but get in SPAM with any of our domains, even with direct client domains, I guess coz sending too fast initially.

Microsoft: Seems that Microsoft mark emails as SPAM by default from domains that didn't send email before, Does this mean that, until Microsoft sees that this is safe double optin messages, all delivered emails will be marked as SPAM ?

And what happens with Gmail ?

What are the "DOMAIN" limits for new domains in both largest email providers ? any tips ?

Thanks

Mi 1st conclusion: Sending with new domains that didn't send bulk email before, will need to run a WarmUp process. Is this correct ?
Yes, many ISPs (or other receiving servers) are switching to (or adding to IP rep) the domain reputation system/filtering.

Now we're starting using Sendy and we're starting to play with sending speeds and so (using PMTA, need to play with it) test mailerq and PMTA, but get in SPAM with any of our domains, even with direct client domains, I guess coz sending too fast initially.
Speed can be one of the reasons, so start slowly, even with just 30/d, then double. See 'warm-up schedules' in third party section of forum, probly under 'inboxing wisdom'.

Microsoft: Seems that Microsoft mark emails as SPAM by default from domains that didn't send email before, Does this mean that, until Microsoft sees that this is safe double optin messages, all delivered emails will be marked as SPAM ?
This can be for various reasons, even domain or IP history. If you follow all of their postmaster advice (and that of the other big providers too) and have registered for FBL, perhaps even include subscription data underneath each email, then get in touch with them and ask them to either tell you the reason they block you or request they fix their filters particular to you. They do cooperate, especially if all is well on your end.

And what happens with Gmail ?
They have postmaster rules and FBL for ESPs, similar to above.

What are the "DOMAIN" limits for new domains in both largest email providers ? any tips ?
See above.

You are almost there, just keep adjusting everything for each requirement and then gently warm-up and communicate with them.
:cool:

Speed can be one of the reasons, so start slowly, even with just 30/d, then double. See 'warm-up schedules' in third party section of forum, probly under 'inboxing wisdom'.

Problem with this point is that in SES and Sendy I couldn't apply any hourly or daily limits ..... damn.

I saw that this is not only applicable with IPs but domains names also.

This can be for various reasons, even domain or IP history. If you follow all of their postmaster advice (and that of the other big providers too) and have registered for FBL, perhaps even include subscription data underneath each email, then get in touch with them and ask them to either tell you the reason they block you or request they fix their filters particular to you. They do cooperate, especially if all is well on your end.

I defined a single FBL server for all clients and SMTP accounts, but after starting sending one large campaign, I saw that FBL server was assigned to no one. How to do this ? Define one FBL server for all customers and smtp servers ?

You are almost there, just keep adjusting everything for each requirement and then gently warm-up and communicate with them.
:cool:

Thanks ! ;)

@Jota ESP's will mark domains as well as IP's, you need to keep doing good mailings to improve the domain ranking. It can take a few weeks of good emailing before the reputation begins to rise.

I defined a single FBL server for all clients and SMTP accounts, but after starting sending one large campaign, I saw that FBL server was assigned to no one. How to do this ? Define one FBL server for all customers and smtp servers ?

Anyone can please explain me this ? Can't get it !

Thanks

As far as I'm aware you don't assign the feedback loop to a server, you add as many feedback loops as needed for emails that may be coming back. The best way would be to have one feedback loop address, register this address with all the feedback loop services so it's always the one used, and then any email coming back get's put on it.

If you're selling emailing as a service, you'd need @twisted1919 to tell you how to set up a feedback loop so that it removes someone from a customer list without blacklisting the lead for everyone else. I don't do that so I'm not sure of the functionality.

Sorry for this email.
I test a small test campaign (small test list of 5 subscribers).
The emails go on span on hotmail.com
What i need to check? Sure i use Amazon SES API.
Thanks.

Back