Emails started going to GMail spam - no idea why

Pat Friedl

I've been sending emails slowly using only SendGrid and MailGun (only a couple hundred per day) and out of nowhere, our emails are starting to hit the spam folder.

We're sending some very simple cold emails (nothing that we thought was spammy) using plenty of spintax, no content that triggers mail-checker filters, and we've verified that we're not on any blacklists.

I'm pretty sure we've got DMARC, SPF and DKIM all set up properly, but apparently that doesn't even matter?

Is there someone in the group that's a deliverbility guru that can 1) get us out of GMail jail and 2) help us prevent this going forward? HELP!

Hum - I could think only of Engagement Filters. Are you getting good engagement on your campaigns? (high open/click and low unsub/complaints rates)

You mailing to the same lists or you mail couple hundred per day to different lists? - Could you be by any chance hitting some traps?

You saying that you were using SG & MG for a while then suddenly you started getting filtered, How long you have been mailing before you saw this problem?

Hum - I could think only of Engagement Filters. Are you getting good engagement on your campaigns? (high open/click and low unsub/complaints rates)

You mailing to the same lists or you mail couple hundred per day to different lists? - Could you be by any chance hitting some traps?

You saying that you were using SG & MG for a while then suddenly you started getting filtered, How long you have been mailing before you saw this problem?

Our emails were fine, and it seems that as soon as I included a link to a free report on our site - BOOM, emails from all my domains started hitting spam in GMail. I'm not sure how it's getting nailed as a spam URL, the domain is clean and never been compromised. I'm not even sure where in the hell it's being recorded as a spam URL - all the major spam check services are showing me in the green.

I'm filtering/scrubbing email pretty heavily, so I don't think I'm hitting any traps. I don't even bother to email aol, yahoo, ymail, live, ms, outlook.com, etc.

We were getting good engagements - on several campaigns we were hitting 45% open rates. Not too many clicks as we didn't have any links in the first few emails.

Is there an email guru in the house that can help trace, debug and get me clean?

Back