Do we reuse subscriber unique IDs?

VVT

Hey,

One of my clients has been sending me some weird emails that were sent out of mw. Thing is that, some emails have wrong unsubscribe option - ex : mail was sent to abc@123.com, but once we click on the unsubscribe link, def@456.com is shown on unsubscribe page(corresponding to the uid in link). I asked the customer, he told he edited the fitst csv file to remove some illegal chars and reuploaded the to the same list. But he didn't update a contact by hand on the list.

Anyway this could happen?

Hey,

One of my clients has been sending me some weird emails that were sent out of mw. Thing is that, some emails have wrong unsubscribe option - ex : mail was sent to abc@123.com, but once we click on the unsubscribe link, def@456.com is shown on unsubscribe page(corresponding to the uid in link). I asked the customer, he told he edited the fitst csv file to remove some illegal chars and reuploaded the to the same list. But he didn't update a contact by hand on the list.

Anyway this could happen?

Sounds truly odd. Try copy list, then upload into that one to avoid cache issue. Just a thought.

Sounds truly odd. Try copy list, then upload into that one to avoid cache issue. Just a thought.
I didn't do much investigation. Can't trust the customer completely also. But something like this shouldn't happen cuz of any customer acts. They ll loose trust on us :)

I didn't do much investigation. Can't trust the customer completely also. But something like this shouldn't happen cuz of any customer acts. They ll loose trust on us :)
Hopefully it will not happen oft.
Bit flipping and dbf integrity issues come up form time to time, and disks can go wrong as well, but it sounded like a program problem, yet no one else seems to have had the issue, so keep investigating and lets keep fingers crossed, good luck. And let us know ;)

Yeah, will do. Wondering why To email and the unique id on unsubscribe link are different. Let me see.

Disregard fellas, it was a customer error (confusion actually) as I pointed above. He did a template test while on the campaign edit page (copied campaign). So, it didn't put a [TEMPLATE_TEST] tag on the test email and took some random wrong values for the links in there. That made me think that the emails he sent me were a part of a real campaign.

But we have a small point here, when doing such template test (from within the campaign), it's better to take correct values for tags to avoid confusions.

Also, it would be nice if the csv subscriber import validator rejects IDs with illegal chars as shown below AND also show how many duplicates were found in a list while importing.

upload_2016-8-2_23-27-57.png

Back