Automate the management of subscribers following a product price reduction

Ludovic

Hey there,

I hope you're doing well. I'm turning to you today with a challenge I'm experiencing in managing my subscriber list for my eCommerce. I would greatly appreciate your advice and suggestions to optimize this process.

Current situation :
I have an eCommerce site where visitors can enter their email address into a form if they would like to receive a notification when a product's price drops. When a visitor clicks on the "Notify me if the price drops..." link below a product's price, the product page ID is automatically retrieved and inserted into an invisible field named `POST_ID`. Then, the visitor must enter their first name, email address and subscribe to price drop notifications for this product.

In the fields of my list on MailWizz, I have one called POST_ID and which could therefore, for each subscriber, contain one or more numbers like `1111,2222`.

FireShot Capture 039 - Application KingCourriel™ - Les amis-entrepreneurs ★ - app.kingcourriel...png

My questions :
1. Management of existing subscribers: I am considering using an automation service such as FlowMattic (comparable to Zapier) to check if the subscriber's email already exists in MailWizz and, if so, If necessary, add an additional `POST_ID` to your profile. Is this the best approach, or is there a more direct solution with MailWizz's current features?

2. Creation of segments: To track price drops, I plan to create segments by filtering the `POST_ID` field containing the identifier of the product on promotion (for example `1111`). Is this the most appropriate method, or is there a more direct approach with MailWizz?

3. Sending campaigns: Once the segments are created, I will need to create specific campaigns for each product on promotion using these segments. Is this the best way to go, or is there a more direct solution?

MailWizz API:
Finally, I would like to know if the current MailWizz API can automate these processes. I guess for the first question (subscriber management) it should be doable, but I have doubts about the other two steps (creating segments and sending campaigns). Can we create a segment and send a campaign to that segment via the API?

I haven't followed the latest developments in MailWizz, but I've been seeing good opportunities with an on-the-fly tagging system for a while. I had already seen this on a big blog where subscribers could subscribe to topics/themes, and receive an automatic notification when a new article on this topic was published. Is there a simpler system than mine for achieving this as I write?

Thank you very much for your attention to my problem and for any help you can provide. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ludovic

This sounds like a decent solution to me, it should work just fine.
For the API, you cannot create segments through the api yet because they're too complex. But you can create campaigns and use segments in those campaigns if you have them created.

Thank for your reply. It's annoying that segmentation is not available via API. Can we imagine getting around this by creating (still via API) a new list from a search. For example all subscribers having exactly `2222` in the POST_ID field (I also have a doubt about the segmentation because just in the search, for MailWizz `22` and `2222` it's the same, see the screenshot )

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 13.37.23.png

Back