Gmail Unsubscribe

Dirk

Hi,

I recently started getting unsubscribe emails from Gmail addresses, I guess they are triggered by subscribers using the Gmail unsubscribe link.

I have to unsubscribe these manually atm, is there a way to automate this?

Thanks,
Dirk

@Dirk - Sure there is, create a Email Box Monitor for the email address that receives these emails and it will automatically handle this ;)

Thanks Twisted,

How can I change the email address Google uses for these messages?
Where can I see the cron job I have to add?

Cheers,
Dirk

Thanks!

"Please note, when adding an email box monitor make sure the email address is used only for it, nothing more.
This is important since the script that checks the emails needs to read all the emails from the account you specify and beside it can be time and memory consuming, it will also delete all the emails from the email account."

The Reply To address is also used for mail communication with subscribers, is that a problem?

So, if I want to keep regular communication with my subscribers, I can't use the Email Box Monitor function?
Are all mails deleted, even if I set the option "Delete all messages" to "No"?

Yeah, it's better to use a separate box to be sure.
Are all mails deleted, even if I set the option "Delete all messages" to "No"?
While this will do what you are after, it might end up deleting legit emails which you don't want to be removed.

But if Google uses the reply to address for these mails, how can I use a separate box? Is there a way to let Google use another email address for their unsubscribe link?

But if Google uses the reply to address for these mails, how can I use a separate box? Is there a way to let Google use another email address for their unsubscribe link?
You could manually move those emails once day via imap to another mbx (and use custom filters to forward them as far as possible). Or you can move them to another folder and use the mbx monitor only in that folder, since the standard bounce process will only delete from the main inbox.

Back