Mailwizz - 1.4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

This release is a cumulative release from 1.4.4 to 1.4.8 which contains fixes for all the issues reported so far.

Here is the changelog, please read it to see all the changes:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.4.5 - 1.4.8 --- 2017-10-20
--- -------------------------------------------
[ADD] - Added {backend,customer}_dashboard_glance_stats_list filter hook
[ADD] - Added GeoCountry / GeoState and GeoCity custom field types which will always be populated 
        with the subscriber country / state / city based on the ip address.
        You need MaxMind's database in order for this to work.
[ADD] - Added [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_COUNTRY] and [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_STATE] and [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_CITY] tags 
        that can be used as defaults for custom fields to add as defaults the country / state / city 
        of the subscriber based on the IP address.
[ADD] - Added the [CAMPAIGN_SEGMENT_NAME] tag
[ADD] - Added option to require campaign approval before sending
[ADD] - Added ability to keep list selections in sync when using Subscriber Actions in lists
[ADD] - Added ability to add the IP Pool for SparkPost web api
[ADD] - Added "update-ip-location-for-campaign-opens" console command to update locations for opens
[ADD] - Added "update-ip-location-for-campaign-clicks" console command to update locations for clicks
[ADD] - Added "frontend_campaigns_controller_web_version_action_email_content" filter hook
[ADD] - Added "console_send_campaigns_command_process_subscribers_loop_in_loop_start" action hook
[ADD] - Added Email Box Monitors which will allow you to monitor email boxes and take actions against 
        subscribers based on the email content. This can be useful to automate unsubscribes from replies and so on.
[CHG] - Change subscriber status to blacklisted only if the subscriber is confirmed
[CHG] - Because of it's size, we don't include MaxMind's database in the app by default. 
        See Backend > Locations > MaxMind Database for how to add it into the app.
[IMP] - Improved the campaigns pausing ability. Now pausing is instant!

You can download it from https://www.mailwizz.com/customer/downloads/get/version/1.4.8 or PM for the download link.

Hopefully this will fix most of the previous issues.
I'm sorry for any problem mailwizz causes till it stabilises but this is how software works unfortunately, even if we're doing our best to fix thing it seems that given the vast majority of php hosts out there, there are still uses cases that we cannot simply cover.

Thank you.

Hey Twisted,
great for quick update.

on auto delete log - campaign stats issue is solved in this release ?

@twisted1919,
Nice update and new features. Can I use this version in production or wait ?

[ADD] - Added option to require campaign approval before sending , Is this only for all customers but not for groups?

Still I am unable to make Drag & Drop editor work in template but its working in campaign.

Did you find a way to make right side of Drag & Drop width not half of page but less, like to show only 2 items each row not four and users will have more space for contents, I check in every drag & drop builder and its always less not half.
also load images from URL ? as I am using amazon bucket for images, how can I add images from URL?

Thanks

Thanks for attending to all the found bugs from 1.4.4. quickly.

A few observations:
# It seems the location of maxmind changed, so the old mmdb from 1.4.4 stays when updating, plus the new one goes per app hint into /data/maxmind, so there are two (before removal), might be good to inform/remove to avoid increased backup sizes.
# Would be good to have the 'AND' operator in the email box monitors, and subscribe, confirm, and move (which all could be done with multiple necessary keywords).
# Could not find how to use webhooks for DS postal and drh green arrow, please advise.

Thanks!
:)

I have upgraded but i could not find the below options. The GEO-Open option in Campaign tab is showing blank page. like this: http://prntscr.com/h07mjh
=============
[ADD] - Added GeoCountry / GeoState and GeoCity custom field types which will always be populated
with the subscriber country / state / city based on the ip address.
[ADD] - Added [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_COUNTRY] and [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_STATE] and [SUBSCRIBER_GEO_CITY] tags
that can be used as defaults for custom fields to add as defaults the country / state / city
of the subscriber based on the IP address.
[ADD] - Added "update-ip-location-for-campaign-opens" console command to update locations for opens
[ADD] - Added "update-ip-location-for-campaign-clicks" console command to update locations for clicks
=================
Plz help to locate it or make it work.

Where is the cron for Mail Box Monitor, i didnt find it and i added a mailbox to monitor but it seems that the cron job is missing.
Press the info icon in the landing page of the monitors.

The GEO-Open option in Campaign tab is showing blank page
That's expected, it means there are no geo details to show right now because you were not using any GEO extension till now.
No biggie, you have to do a bit of work to catch up with the geo stats.
Most important is to go to Backend > Locations > MaxMind Database and follow the steps to add the MaxMind Database.
Once you do this, enable the MaxMind Extension from the extensions area and configure it. This will make sure any ip added into the database will get translated into a location.
Now that you have a locations database, is time to update all the records from mailwizz's database so that we translate the IPS into locations. This is why we added the two commands you noted above:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /the/absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php update-ip-location-for-campaign-opens
and
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /the/absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php update-ip-location-for-campaign-clicks
So run them one by one. It will take a while till they complete. Once they do, you can see the GEO stats.

can we upgrade from 1.3.x
You can update from any version. I managed to upgrade from 1.3.8.5 to 1.4.8 without issues. Just do it from command line.

Now that you have a locations database, is time to update all the records from mailwizz's database so that we translate the IPS into locations. This is why we added the two commands you noted above:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /the/absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php update-ip-location-for-campaign-opens
and
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /the/absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php update-ip-location-for-campaign-clicks
So run them one by one. It will take a while till they complete. Once they do, you can see the GEO stats.

So this will update Existing Campaign Open/Click also or only from new campaign stats ?

but i didnt find it in customer group option,
Of course, damn :D

Open /apps/backend/views/customer_groups/option-views/_campaigns.php
and after:
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
        <?php echo $form->labelEx($model, 'can_embed_images');?>
        <?php echo $form->dropDownList($model, 'can_embed_images', $model->getYesNoOptions(), $model->getHtmlOptions('can_embed_images')); ?>
        <?php echo $form->error($model, 'can_embed_images');?>
    </div>
</div>

add
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
        <?php echo $form->labelEx($model, 'require_approval');?>
        <?php echo $form->dropDownList($model, 'require_approval', $model->getYesNoOptions(), $model->getHtmlOptions('require_approval')); ?>
        <?php echo $form->error($model, 'require_approval');?>
    </div>
</div>

So you end up with:
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
        <?php echo $form->dropDownList($model, 'can_embed_images', $model->getYesNoOptions(), $model->getHtmlOptions('can_embed_images')); ?>
    </div>
</div>
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
        <?php echo $form->dropDownList($model, 'require_approval', $model->getYesNoOptions(), $model->getHtmlOptions('require_approval')); ?>
    </div>
</div>

add
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
<div class="form-group">
</div>
</div>
So you end up with:
is this something that you missed in this update?

Hi,

does this update solve the problem when sending on segments (the "subscribed not confirmed anymore" problem)?

Of course, damn :D

Open /apps/backend/views/customer_groups/option-views/_campaigns.php
and after:
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
    </div>
</div>

add
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
    </div>
</div>

So you end up with:
Code:
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
    </div>
</div>
<div class="col-lg-2">
    <div class="form-group">
    </div>
</div>
Somehow did not work for me, the field 'require approval' still does not appear in cust groups (as it does in customer), even with ctrl+f5. Please check/advise.

@twisted1919,
Still export subscribers or create new list from subscribers did't work. I was hoping that this feature will be solved in this release. could you please help me how can i export subscribers to .csv from one customer who open and click in last 12 months?
as this data is around 100Kplus?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back