Need help - exec function must be enabled (SPF and DKIM error)

almost every php extension is enabled and still cannot find the disabled function (exec) in the php.ini file. I think this error occured after jumping to php 7.0.
Maybe you need to check with an experienced sys admin, this is the mwz forum ;)
See if you still have the old version on the server. If so, you need to switch to the new version (or at least apply it to that cpanel or directory of mwz) to make it fully happen.

Two other ideas crossed my mind: it could be
# a disabled feature in whm tweaks or
# some security plugin, e.g. csf.

@twisted1919

I am seeing this error out of no where.

View attachment 3973

There is nothing blocking exec. When i go into php.ini editor, this is what I see

View attachment 3974

I'd like to brign this up again, I'm also having this same warning on a brand new server. I've also checked the PHP INI for disabled functions etc... and theres is none. I also did a PHP INFO check to make sure i was checking the correct version of PHP when doing the INI checks.

Now I'd rather not install every single PHP extension as for one there isnt need to as it will only use more server resources the more extensions that are installed. Does anyone know what the actual extension is called than needs to be installed?

Also when i checked the INI for all PHP Versions and it shows 0 Disabled Functions etc... in PHP INFO is says the following is disabled:

exec,passthru,shell_exec,system

Now i know those have nothing to do with the warning thats given but also i see the following under the Configure Command of PHP Info:

'--disable-dependency-tracking' '--disable-pdo' '--without-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-opcache' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-sqlite3' '--disable-phar' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell' '--disable-wddx' '--without-curl' '--disable-posix' '--disable-xml' '--disable-simplexml' '--disable-exif' '--without-gettext' '--without-iconv' '--disable-ftp' '--without-bz2' '--disable-ctype' '--disable-shmop' '--disable-sockets' '--disable-tokenizer' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-sysvsem' '--without-gmp' '--disable-calendar'

Are any of them needed as when i installed MailWizz and it did all the checks everything Passed. If someone could let me know which PHP Extension is needed to remove the error that would be great.

Thanks

@sendmedialtd I dont know why this error occurs and its quite confusing if you are not able to see the disabled functions in php.ini file.

Here are some solutions that might help you in figuring out the issue.

1. If you have a managed server with Cpanel installed, you can ask your hosting provider to get the issue fixed.

2. If you are like me, who had no support from the provider, you can play on with the error and google it. Upon googling you will be redirected to the php.ini file and check over there. However, in my instance, I was in the same position as you. There were no functions disabled and this issue occurred when i jumped to php7-0 and disabled all previous php versions.

Based on the suggestions and support, make sure you are in the right place of php.ini. If you are sure that you are in the right path of php.ini, then try enabling this package in WHM. This should fix your issue.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.24.37 pm.png

Right I've fixed this issue too:

@twisted1919 you may want to add this to your documents too:

Again this is for servers that have cPanel/WHM installed. Even though in PHP INI it shows that there are no disabled functions cPanel/WHM will add certain ones in there as default. The only way of changing this is by going to the following file:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/YOURDOMAIN.com.conf

By default you will see the following:

php_admin_value[disable_functions] = exec,passthru,shell_exec,system

You need to remove exec from there and then save the file. Once saved Restart PHP-FPM and also Apache. You will now see that the issue is now resolved.

Back