Mailwizz 1.3.9.x - feeling brave to test the beta release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, so finally, emoji's are in :D

Screenshot 2017-03-17 10.03.56.png

Mail result:
Screenshot 2017-03-17 10.06.01.png

Thanks to @AHK which gave me an idea in the above posts, we didn't have to change the database charset which would mean huge issues for a lot of users.
What we do instead, we have a new column in the campaign database table, called subject_encoded where we store a base64 representation of the subject, and because in base64 is just fine to store raw bytes this works perfectly fine.
The downside is that we need another column and we need to make sure these are always in sync (subject => subject_encoded) but as far as i can see, there's no problem with this.

As you can also see above, there is a list of emoji's available from which you can pick. However, if you have other emoji's too, you can simply paste them in the subject line and it will just work.

View attachment 3357

Mail result:
View attachment 3358

Thanks to @AHK which gave me an idea in the above posts, we didn't have to change the database charset which would mean huge issues for a lot of users.
What we do instead, we have a new column in the campaign database table, called subject_encoded where we store a base64 representation of the subject, and because in base64 is just fine to store raw bytes this works perfectly fine.
The downside is that we need another column and we need to make sure these are always in sync (subject => subject_encoded) but as far as i can see, there's no problem with this.

As you can also see above, there is a list of emoji's available from which you can pick. However, if you have other emoji's too, you can simply paste them in the subject line and it will just work.
Omg, yes! @twisted1919 you are awesome! :)

View attachment 3357

Mail result:
View attachment 3358

Hi Master,
Where I enable emoji ?
Thank

Hi guys, version 1.3.9.4 has been released, with emoji support and finally fixing the problem where delivery servers quota didn't work properly when pcntl enabled.
Please note that in this version we added a few more Start Pages and updated a few existing ones, so you might want to redo them if you edited them.
Here's the quick changelog:
Code:
[ADD] - Added ability to parse tags for all List Pages subjects not just content
[ADD] - Added custom FileLogRoute class to record the ip address of http errors
[ADD] - Added Start Pages for customer and backend dashboards
[ADD] - Added color picker for Start Pages so you can set the icon color
[ADD] - Added emoji support for campaign subject
[ADD] - Added console_command_send_campaigns_before_prepare_email filter hook
[ADD] - Added console_command_send_campaigns_after_prepare_email filter hook
[ADD] - Added back the Embed Images feature, this time as a feature for customers/customer groups so it can be easily disabled
[ADD] - Added {backend,customer}_controller_guest_reset_password action hooks
[CHG] - Changed the logic for loading and parsing template tags, should be faster now
[CHG] - We're now using cache to count delivery servers quota so that sending limits work when PCNTL enabled
[RMV] - Disabled Delivery Servers Domain Policy feature as it caused more issues than actually solved. Will be removed for good in near future
Please let me know if you get any issue, especially with the emoji subject lines and delivery servers quota.

Quick question: Does this update fix the problem of "Empty Data" on new segments
Yes, that's been added for a while now ;)
It's set to do it each day at midnight, but if you want syncing to happen more often, you can add this cron job to run once at 5 minutes or so:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /the/absolute/path/to/console.php sync-lists-custom-fields >/dev/null

Thanks @twisted1919 for your fast reply.

Good to read that.

Thanks once again and all the best for your business.

Ps: You're a Genie so i still have my votes for the "Exclude Lists" from a campaign delivery feature.
I've read that you found it difficult and proposed the use of segments for that, but nothing beats a quick
"Exclude". I know you'll find a way. Let the force be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back