[Fix Release] - Mailwizz 1.3.6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

This release contains fixes for all the issues reported for previous version.
There are no new things, so chances for something to break are now pretty low.

This is the changelog for whom is interested:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.3.6.5 - 2016-06-02
--- -------------------------------------------
[ADD] - Added [DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] and [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] tags that produce a tags instead of urls
[ADD] - Use Tidy if possible to cleanup and repair email templates before parsing
[ADD] - Added ability for the tour plugin to use own images for slides
[BUG] - Fix registration issue when customer not moved to predefined group
[BUG] - Fix PHP < 5.4 error caused by twitter auth library
[BUG] - Fix a bug in delivery servers that would ask for wrong db column

You can download it from your mailwizz customers area.
I also uploaded it to Codecanyon, but it might take a while till it gets approved.

If you get any issue, please let me know,
Thanks.

Upgrading from 1.3.6.2 gives me this:
Code:
Are you sure you want to update your Mailwizz application from version 1.3.6.2 to version 1.3.6.5 ? (yes|no) [no]:yes
Updating to version 1.3.6.3.
Updating to version 1.3.6.3 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Thanks - output is:
Code:
Updating to version 1.3.6.3 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'. The SQL statement executed was:
INSERT INTO `mw_tour_slideshow` (`slideshow_id`, `name`, `application`, `status`, `date_added`, `last_updated`) VALUES
(1, 'Backend', 'backend', 'active', '2016-05-27 06:53:43', '2016-05-27 07:43:18'),
(2, 'Customer', 'customer', 'active', '2016-05-26 09:51:36', '2016-05-26 09:51:36');

@bidorbuy -
I just tried myself:
Code:
-bash-4.2$ /usr/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/domain.email/httpdocs/apps/console/console.php update
Are you sure you want to update your Mailwizz application from version 1.3.6.2 to version 1.3.6.5 ? (yes|no) [no]:yes
Updated to version 1.3.6.3 successfully.
Updating to version 1.3.6.4.
Updated to version 1.3.6.4 successfully.
Updating to version 1.3.6.5.
Updated to version 1.3.6.5 successfully.
Congratulations, your application has been successfully updated to version 1.3.6.5
-bash-4.2$
So it works...

From your error, the sql queries the app try to run look good, but it complains about duplicate, which means that data was somehow in the database already?
If it was, how is possible since the extension is added in 1.3.6.3?

Did you tried the update from the web and it failed then continued from console? Because that'd explain it...

@bidorbuy -

From your error, the sql queries the app try to run look good, but it complains about duplicate, which means that data was somehow in the database already?
If it was, how is possible since the extension is added in 1.3.6.3?

Did you tried the update from the web and it failed then continued from console? Because that'd explain it...

I restored a backup from 1.3.6.2 on a new install and then ran the update-command via the console. I am restoring the DB again to check this, but I only ran the update once when the error popped.

Is it possible that the application (via web executes the Tour-extension and it inserts the data?). To me it looks like the extension gets initialised twice - perhaps the install.sql called twice? I will let you know when the DB is restored and I ran it again.

@bidorbuy - make sure you switch the app offline, just to avoid someone visiting the backend while you prepare the update.

Found the issue - my restore process did not do a delete of the original DB. So when I first ran the upgrade it worked and created the tables and when I then restored to retest the upgrade process it obviously kept the existing mw_tour_slideshow table. Meh - such a newb mistake.

Just dropped the DB completely, restored from scratch and the upgrade works!

Last edited:
Hi @twisted1919 ,

I've successfully upgraded to 1.3.6.4 from .2. So below are the 3 points I would like to drag your attention to -

1. After I copied the contents of "update" folder to web root and tried to load the page, I got a "500 , unable to handle request" error. I already had the updated version of support tickets addon. Enabling debugging revealed the error (I've that drag drop builder installed) -
Fatal error: Cannot override final method ExtensionInit::runQueriesFromSqlFile() in /apps/extensions/content-builder/ContentBuilderExt.php on line 0
I then renamed /apps/extensions/content-builder to /apps/extensions/content-builder.bak and upgrade went fine. After the upgrade, I tried to rename the file back to original, but the same error happened. So I kept it as is. But surprisingly, content builder seemed to work as usual on my initial tests - not sure if this has any hidden impact (?).

2. As I reported earlier, MW is not signing emails. I've a verified and signing enabled sending domain and the delivery server is set to sign outbound emails. Not sure why it's not signing. I enabled debugging but couldn't find any useful info.

3. I saw in change log that the 'clustered' appearance of pins on the activity map was taken care. But see attached, looks like we're missing something. (2 there represents 2 subscribers who opened the email).

Overall, this seem to be a great update, writing you separate thank you notes shortly. Thanks man ! ;)

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 18
@VVT - The reason for why the content builder throws the error is the same reason i said people need to update the support tickets extensions first before doing the actual mailwizz update, because now mailwizz implements the logic to run the queries in extensions so that extension developers don't have to come up with their own implementation. If you open ContentBuilderExt.php and replace every occurence of "runQueriesFromSqlFile" with "doRunQueriesFromSqlFile" you'll be totally fine. I just wasn't aware that extension is used anymore.

For emails singing, weird enough, i tried with a php-mail server type and it did for me. can you try with that as well? I'll do more tests after your response.

For the cluster of markers issue, that should be fixes, not sure what the deal is, can you try opening the browser developer tools and see the console tab what error it reports?

@Scott - the new tag create a full html link while the old one just creates a url.

Hi
my question was about :
[ADD] - Use Tidy if possible to cleanup and repair email templates before parsing

please more infos and details and how can i use it ??

I noticed that with 1.3.6.2 the flag "MW_PERF_LVL_ENABLE_SUBSCRIBER_FIELD_CACHE" was introduced. This seems to be not enabled by default. Could @twisted1919 perhaps explain what this does and if I should enable it?

@bidorbuy - that's an experimental flag, basically now each time when we need to load subscribers field, we do few queries for each subscriber and we join some tables together to get the field values.
The above flag makes mailwizz store those fields/values in a separate cache table and retrieve them by using just one sql query, which means is very fast. However, this is experimental, in my tests i had no issue with it, but don't take it for granted.

@wissem - Mailwizz had some issues with broken templates as far as their html structure was, therefore in order to aleviate this, we now make use of PHP's Tidy extension, if available, to fix the templates before they hit the mailwizz template parsing engine. You don't have to do anything special to use it. it is enabled by default and it will work if you server has php's tidy extension installed.
If you want to enable/disable it in future though, here's how: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/can-tell-mailwizz-use-not-use-phps-tidy-extension/

whats the difference between
[DIRECT_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] and [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] ??
what is the better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back