Zapier to mailwizz best method

emailwrks

hey,

So I have been investigating using Facebook for email sign ups to post into mailwizz.

Looks like I need zapier to do this. Looking at the docs in zapier I can see two ways of doing this;

1. Creating my own zap and filling in details for api needed
2. Simply chucking a bit of php/Json into zapier coding section in a step along the route

My question is, which is the most straight forward of the two solutions please? And does anyone have any examples kindly?

I would be stumbling through this for quite a while going out with lack of coding experience in php/Json etc otherwise

Thanks for any help!

Hi @emailwrks, it looks like you posted this a while ago but maybe you could still use an answer. I have gotten it to work for me with one limitation. You can use "Webhooks by Zapier" as your action.
  • Select "POST"
  • Then on the "edit template" step:
    • URL: you add the URL from the form in the list you want to add subscribers.
    • Payload type should be "form"
    • Then under Data, put "EMAIL" as the left column, then the right column you take the email address from whatever source you are using in the "trigger" step.
The one limitation seems to be that MailWizz treats these as imported subscribers so if you want autoresponders to be sent you have to make sure you have the import setting to "yes".

@twisted1919, do you know why this would be treated as an import? They should be treated as a normal signup.

Hi
I followed your post regarding integration between Zappier and Mailwiz but without any success. My gravity form works excellent. The Zapier integration with Gravity works excellent too. I did tests and I see data inside Zapier. Absolutely everything works fine apart from Mailwizz. I can't get any subscribers. I am on the latest version of Mailwizz. Could you help?

Hi
I followed your post regarding integration between Zappier and Mailwiz but without any success. My gravity form works excellent. The Zapier integration with Gravity works excellent too. I did tests and I see data inside Zapier. Absolutely everything works fine apart from Mailwizz. I can't get any subscribers. I am on the latest version of Mailwizz. Could you help?
Are there any errors in your zap? When you say "I see data inside Zapier", what do you mean? Are you saying that the subscriber is getting added in that step but then never gets added to your MW list?

Can you send a screenshot of your POST action in Zapier (the "edit template" step)?

OK, here are the issues. In https://postimg.org/image/v2dttdc8j/:
  1. Change "email" to "EMAIL"
  2. In the input to the right of "EMAIL" you only want to add the data for email address (test@domain.dev). If you want that other data, you will need to click the "+" button but make sure that is an input in your form as well
On this screenshot (https://postimg.org/image/y98dcwh83/) you need to add "EMAIL" in that input box and again, only add email address data to the input on the right.

Hi @emailwrks, it looks like you posted this a while ago but maybe you could still use an answer. I have gotten it to work for me with one limitation. You can use "Webhooks by Zapier" as your action.
  • Select "POST"
  • Then on the "edit template" step:
    • URL: you add the URL from the form in the list you want to add subscribers.
    • Payload type should be "form"
    • Then under Data, put "EMAIL" as the left column, then the right column you take the email address from whatever source you are using in the "trigger" step.
The one limitation seems to be that MailWizz treats these as imported subscribers so if you want autoresponders to be sent you have to make sure you have the import setting to "yes".

@twisted1919, do you know why this would be treated as an import? They should be treated as a normal signup.

Hi @corey34 & @twisted1919 ,
I have tried this but when I test it Zapier gives me the following error:

/// We had trouble sending your test through.
The app returned "Bad Request" with no further details. This usually happens when your Zap is missing a required field or a field value isn't in a recognized format.///

When you say "you add the URL from the form in the list you want to add subscribers.", you mean URL is gonna something like this :
https://mydomain.com/mysubfolder/customer/index.php/lists/re667qcsth063/overview
OR
https://mydomain.com/mysubfolder/customer/index.php/lists/re667qcsth063/
OR Maybe something else ?

Can you please describe the URL ? I think I didnt succeed because of this.

Many thanks in advance.

Ok , I find it out on Forms section. I guess its the URL ending with /subscribe... I'll give it another try. Thanks for the idea.

This was very helpful. How do I include in "First Name" as well as "EMAIL"?

Please help!

EDIT: I figured it out. You have to make it FNAME

Last edited:
Back