When setting different probability to active delivery servers, it doesn't send through all of them

fabyc

Hi everybody,

I have 3 active delivery servers. Each has these percent of probability:

- Amazon SES: 50%
- Elastic Email: 40%
- Sengrid: 10%

With 9000 suscriptors, it is supposed to send (based in probability) like this:

- Amazon SES: 4500
- Elastic Email: 3600
- Sendgrid: 900

When I sent a campaign, all campaign was sent for Amazon SES which has higher probability, but the 2 anothers DS were ignored.

Then I tested with this DS and probability:

- Amazon SES: 60%
- Elastic Email: 40%

The same thing, all campaign was sent only for Amazon SES.

Is there something I'm missing setting and send with all active DS I have set?

When I have only one active DS, for example Elastic Email with 100% or Sendgrid (100%), it works very well, all campaign is sent through Elastic Email or Sendgrid.

Thanks in advanced

@Fabyc - From a programming standpoint, the probability just dictates the randomness with which one of the available delivery servers is chosen for delivery. There is no guarantee, just a probability.
For example, if a delivery server has 80% probability, means that when a delivery server is selected, this has 80% chances to be selected. If there are multiple with same probability, then the chances are divided.
Bottom line is that this is just a small part to try randomize sending, and it always should be used with "Change server at" setting.
If you send 500 Subscribers at once, then you can try to change the server once at 150 subscribers for example, and when the sending starts will start with server X, then at 150 it will choose another BUT guaranteed it will not be the same server if there are other servers available, then at 300 this will repeat, and at 450... and so on...

Hope it makes any sense...

Hi @twisted1919,
it always should be used with "Change server at" setting.
If you send 500 Subscribers at once, then you can try to change the server once at 150 subscribers for example, and when the sending starts will start with server X, then at 150 it will choose another BUT guaranteed it will not be the same server if there are other servers available, then at 300 this will repeat, and at 450... and so on...
Before sending, I had set "change server at" parameter to 200, but all campaign was sent only through Amazon SES. Elastic Email DS was ignored.

Back