Usage Questions

Jose Vega

1- what are the recommended settings for these options regarding campaigns sending?
Emails per minute
pause
Send at once
Subscribers at once

The default values seem to be very low and I´m afraid my 12,000 emails campaign will take forever to send.

2- My domain DNS already has 2 txt entries: DKIM and _domainkey. added by my hosting provider.

Do I have to add again the DKIM entry mailwizz generated when I added the sending domain? Can I have 2 DKIM entries?

3- Will the DKIM and SPF entries conflict when I send normal emails from my server?

4- When I was creating a campaign I didnt find a way to upload an image. Does mailwizz only allows the use of external images? It´s kinda annoying having to upload the image manually to my server and paste the URL.

5- Is there a way to disable the articles section? I prefer to create a new wordpress site for the public help pages.

6- What do you recommend better, mandrill or amazon ses ? I know having a dedicated IP is very good for a better deliverability and amazon doesn´t allow a dedicated IP, but on the other hand, amazon is cheaper than mandrill.

7- I sent a campaign for 12,000 emails, it starts sending and I see in the delivery server usage logs the progress, but it suddenly stops advancing, and I have to pause the campaign and restart it to see it moving forward again. Could this mean the cron jobs are not being fired?

When I installed the app I ran the commands mailwizz requested...

Sorry for asking so many questions, thank you for your help in advance...

Hey,

Let's see:
1- what are the recommended settings for these options regarding campaigns sending?
This depends only on your server, but following should be fine:
Emails per minute: 0
pause: 0
Send at once: 300
Subscribers at once: 0

2- My domain DNS already has 2 txt entries: DKIM and _domainkey. added by my hosting provider.
Do I have to add again the DKIM entry mailwizz generated when I added the sending domain? Can I have 2 DKIM entries?
If your SMTP server signs the emails already, then don't use email signing from mailwizz, doesn't make sense.

3- Will the DKIM and SPF entries conflict when I send normal emails from my server?
No, if added properly.

4- When I was creating a campaign I didnt find a way to upload an image. Does mailwizz only allows the use of external images? It´s kinda annoying having to upload the image manually to my server and paste the URL.
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/enable-the-file-manager-for-editor-files.90/

5- Is there a way to disable the articles section? I prefer to create a new wordpress site for the public help pages.
Just delete all articles and their categories.

6- What do you recommend better, mandrill or amazon ses ? I know having a dedicated IP is very good for a better deliverability and amazon doesn´t allow a dedicated IP, but on the other hand, amazon is cheaper than mandrill.
Why not a combination of the both?
I personally find mandrill better than ses.

7- I sent a campaign for 12,000 emails, it starts sending and I see in the delivery server usage logs the progress, but it suddenly stops advancing, and I have to pause the campaign and restart it to see it moving forward again. Could this mean the cron jobs are not being fired?
This could indicate that you try to process too many subs at once, see point 1 above.
If the campaign starts sending by it's own, then it means cron jobs work just fine.

Ty ;)

thank you for your quick reply.

I´ll continue using mandrill, I know amazon is cheaper but it´s too hard to set up. I´ll better purchase a dedicated IP from mandrill.

My campaign started sending like 45 minutes ago, but it has stopped. It has only sent 338 emails from 12,000 after refreshing the delivery logs page, and it´s been on the same number since 20 minutes ago.

I´m using a $10 VPS from siteground, and the server comsumption has been 5% all the time so I dont think the server is overloaded.

I already paused and unpaused the campaign, but it´s not advancing.

I have only 1 server setup, mandrill web api, and my mandrill accounts is allowed to send 15,000 emails per hour.

Thinking about it, I previously sent a test campaign with a future time and it was sent perfectly, so the cron jobs are working.

Also my customer account has an unlimited sending quota (-1). on mailwizz

What could be wrong?

Back