Upgrading to 1.5.0 more emails were sent.

@twisted1919,
my customers says they are receiving multiple copies of same email.
if you want, i can send you headers of two emails of same campaign & send to same person (twice).
and some time they receive 3 emails too.
Please look into this version and see why this is happening.
Thanks

@Eric535 - Please PM me with ssh and backend url/login and prepare a campaign for sending so that i can send it from command line and see what is going on ;)

Sorry I started a new thread for this and only just found this one. We're experiencing this too, but only on some installations. In Delivery Reports we're seeing same email address getting the email twice, and we're seeing the email twice to those that have it shown as being sent twice. The installation with this issue isn't using the extra tables for sending (in case it's related to that).

Some extra info. On a couple of random tests, it looks like the GIVEUPS we're seeing have already been sent successfully. But they come back as a giveup and then they get sent again and have duplicates. Not sure if this is the issue or related but that's what we've seen in some cases.

, it looks like the GIVEUPS we're seeing have already been sent successfully
In this case the remote end might have not answered properly with the right status code and mailwizz treated it as a giveup, which is the right way to treat it, so maybe do a test in verbose mode and see the exact answer from the smtp server.

Doesn't make sense @twisted1919 There was a success for a subscriber recorded at 03/01/2018 10:53 and then a giveup for the same campaign recorded at 03/01/2018 13:59. If MWZ had already recorded the success in the logs it must have got the right status code.

Interestingly the send CRON was at 2 minutes and not 1, and AFK's extension was installed on this installation of MWZ. I changed the send CRON back to 1 minute and deactivated the AFK extension. The next send still got the duplicate send issue, but massively reduced and with no GIVEUP's. However, I can still see some of the earlier GIVEUP's re-sending so not sure if this could be impacting in some way.

There will be another send going out at 6pm ish tonight so we should be able to see if that goes smoothly. If it does it may indicate that there is an issue with AFK's extension or changing the CRON to two minutes is part of the cause.

@twisted1919 I have got rid of all giveups. I can now say with 95% certainty (never like to be too certain!) that it's due to issues on subscribers. The delivery server being used is rejecting bad emails, as in wrong format, at point of entry. Our delivery server is definitely responding with a message saying this, but MWZ is showing a Giveup with connection error as the reason. This is why it's taken me so long to debug. Ideally in this situation MWZ needs to pick up the rejection message and show that as the reason, it could even process the bad emails as hard bounces with reason being the report from the delivery server.

@twisted1919 this has started creeping in again, using version 1.5.1 currently (checking our plugins are compatible with latest upgrade). I get about 1000 emails sent twice for every 10k sent, so 10% of people in a list are getting an email twice. The status on both sends is Success. Any ideas why this is happening? It's not good for list relations. Thanks.

Back