Unknown error while opening the connection! [Bounce Server]

munimwyne

Hello everyone,

I am setting up Delivery and Bounce servers on Mail Wizz. The delivery server has been setup properly.

But when i am creating bounce server, it is giving the following error.

"Unknown error while opening the connection!" (screenshot attached)

1601381577320.png
I am using the same host name and login credentials which I have used to create Delivery server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thankyou!

Hi, I have checked the given path. The PHP version is 7.4.3
Given this, i think the PHP version is compiled with a newer(or not fully compatible) IMAP version than your server. This can happen from time to time.
Can you switch between PHP versions and try for example a lower version and see if that helps in any way?

Given this, i think the PHP version is compiled with a newer(or not fully compatible) IMAP version than your server. This can happen from time to time.
Can you switch between PHP versions and try for example a lower version and see if that helps in any way?

Thank you for your response.

I have installed MailWizz on Virtualmin using Putty.

While installing the commands, I have installed cURL, zip and IMAP with PHP7.4.3 version. After this Mail Wizz showed me "PASSED" on all commands as it was showing "FAILED" for curl, zip and imap before.

So, I think there is no compatibility issue.

Now, what could be another issue??

Last edited:
So, I think there is no compatibility issue.
What i mean is compatibility between your PHP version and the server that should accept the connection for your bounce address, not compatibility between PHP versions and your own server.
From the screenshot above, i also doubt the imap username should be "root", that generally is an email address, rarely just a username.

If you can't change the PHP version, you can open a ticket where you have to include backend url and login to your app, ssh access to your server and the imap connection details, so we can connect there and see what is going on, but as i said, i am 99% sure the issue has nothing to do with mailwizz itself.

What i mean is compatibility between your PHP version and the server that should accept the connection for your bounce address, not compatibility between PHP versions and your own server.

We want to use our STMP server as Bounce Server and we would be using the same server for sending emails. Is it a good practice? or we have to use some other server as Bounce Server?

From the screenshot above, i also doubt the imap username should be "root", that generally is an email address, rarely just a username.

I tried with both, email as username and just "root" as a username, but both time we got the same error "Unknown error while opening the connection!"

If you can't change the PHP version, you can open a ticket where you have to include backend url and login to your app, ssh access to your server and the imap connection details, so we can connect there and see what is going on, but as i said, i am 99% sure the issue has nothing to do with mailwizz itself.

Yeah sure, we can open a ticket and send you all the required credentials so you can check this at your end. As you mentioned " i am 99% sure the issue has nothing to do with mailwizz itself", then what could be the possible issue? Either it is compatibility issue between PHP and our SMTP as we have created the Delivery Server on Mail Wizz using the same server (SMTP) or it would be something else?

f you can't change the PHP version, you can open a ticket where you have to include backend url and login to your app, ssh access to your server and the imap connection details, so we can connect there and see what is going on, but as i said, i am 99% sure the issue has nothing to do with mailwizz itself

I am opening a ticket and sending you the login credentials of mMailWizz and SSH. I hope you will figure out the error.

Thank you!

Back