Troubles with Bounces

MATHIEU

Hello,

Couldn't find anything about that problem on the forum, so i wish someone may help.

So, we currently use MailWizz and ElasticMail via the API. We used the bounce the url provided by Mailwizz to use it on ElasticMail to link bounce servers to MailWizz. It works, i got my bounces back with blacklisting when i send a campain but it doesn't blacklist them in the list, he takes no actions on them. It's actually pretty bad, because we need to clean our list and reduce the bounces to keep up our reputation domain.

We use the 1.6.5 version of Mailwizz, i stay around if you need further informations.

Thank you in advance.

Keep in mind only hard bounces are blacklisted, soft/internal are not.
So if you get a hard bounce, then that email should be blacklisted in the email and also added in the global blacklist.

I see...

First, thank you for your quick answer, then we sent mails to unexisting accounts as test and they bounced back but the bounce is internal. Shouldn't it be Hard and put in Blacklist?

It depends on the message that came back with the bounce and the way it has been categorised.
If you are using ElasticEmail web api they send them back already categorised, so we just insert them in the database most of the time.

So if i get this right, it's normal we they return as internal on MailWizz because of ElasticMail way of categorization and there is no way to change that on MailWizz?

Hello,

Couldn't find anything about that problem on the forum, so i wish someone may help.

So, we currently use MailWizz and ElasticMail via the API. We used the bounce the url provided by Mailwizz to use it on ElasticMail to link bounce servers to MailWizz. It works, i got my bounces back with blacklisting when i send a campain but it doesn't blacklist them in the list, he takes no actions on them. It's actually pretty bad, because we need to clean our list and reduce the bounces to keep up our reputation domain.

We use the 1.6.5 version of Mailwizz, i stay around if you need further informations.

Thank you in advance.
I see...

First, thank you for your quick answer, then we sent mails to unexisting accounts as test and they bounced back but the bounce is internal. Shouldn't it be Hard and put in Blacklist?
If you want more control, use SMTP, which will also allow you faster sending than API, if properly adjusted, and then you have more clarity about the bounce messages. Or have them forwarded to an email account, where you can still take full bounce action if the API hook do not satisfy.

If you want more control, use SMTP, which will also allow you faster sending than API, if properly adjusted, and then you have more clarity about the bounce messages. Or have them forwarded to an email account, where you can still take full bounce action if the API hook do not satisfy.

Thank you for the answer.

That was our first process. Took too much much time and money with the massive lists we have to deal with. So yeah, we hadn't those bounces problems.

Currently the problem is irrelevant, it was a problem from MailWizz and they solved it.

Back