Tracking Domain

jcadams06

Im self-hosting on cpanel with MW on public_html root directory. I have CNAME on sending domain with "tracking" pointing to host but it does not resolve to mw when i go to tracking.sendingdomain.com. I continue to get the cgi default error page. I also host another app on this host but it is in a subdomain. Help please!

@jcadams06 - Make sure the DNS is set correctly: CNAME (tracker.domain.com) and you need to make sure the server understands what to do when the request comes in for that cname, i.e. it must have the instructions for the correct redirect into that directory and after that path with wildcard. You can have as many apps as you wish on that IP, but both the above must work (so that the server replies with the correct pages for each). To test, just put in the cname, and it should arrive at the customer login screen.

I just tried this and it still does not work? I must be doing something wrong. I redirected host main domain (where CNAME "tracking" points to) to hostdomain/customer (customer login page) with wildcard redirect and nothing ..

I just tried this and it still does not work? I must be doing something wrong. I redirected host main domain (where CNAME "tracking" points to) to hostdomain/customer (customer login page) with wildcard redirect and nothing ..

You can add that Tracking domain into Cpanel and then in config file you can set redirect to your Tracking domain.

Im still confused...

hostname is 2020.com
tracking domain is tracking.supplier.com

I put tracking in 2020.com and then add the redirect in the host file?

Back