SMTP hourly limits set, still get masses of rejected mails

rritz

Hi there,
I have a question about how mailwizz handles hourly sending limits
I have added two smtp servers, both have hourly sending limits. I have set them.

I thought, when sending a campaign then mailwizz would send say 300 in the first hour, as per limit set, then wait and next hour send 300 and so on.. But this doesn't seem to work. I get masses of bounce reports with the error that I exceeded the sending limits.

Why is that so? Is there anything ewlse I have to do to avoid this?

And, if the emails are rejected by smtp because of limits exceeded, will the mails eventually be resent later? By MW? By smtp server?
The campaigns all show 100% delivery in the end, but open rates are very low, so my guess is these emails never got sent in the end. How to make sure?

Hi there,
I have a question about how mailwizz handles hourly sending limits
I have added two smtp servers, both have hourly sending limits. I have set them.

I thought, when sending a campaign then mailwizz would send say 300 in the first hour, as per limit set, then wait and next hour send 300 and so on.. But this doesn't seem to work. I get masses of bounce reports with the error that I exceeded the sending limits.

Why is that so? Is there anything ewlse I have to do to avoid this?

And, if the emails are rejected by smtp because of limits exceeded, will the mails eventually be resent later? By MW? By smtp server?
The campaigns all show 100% delivery in the end, but open rates are very low, so my guess is these emails never got sent in the end. How to make sure?

Please post all sending setting's screen shots to make it easier to help, thx.

Depending on how you send, if the receiving speed is not respected, servers may return, grey list, etc.

Ideally use a third party DS which takes care of respectful sending, while accepting your many mails into its queue quickly.

Thank you for the reply! I will post screenshot presently, but I think I am already answered. What is a DS - what is a third party DS? If I understand it correctly MW does not observe any sending speed and limits?
Why can I set them then?

Thank you for the reply! I will post screenshot presently, but I think I am already answered. What is a DS - what is a third party DS? If I understand it correctly MW does not observe any sending speed and limits?
Why can I set them then?
DS = Delivers Server
3rd party (not your server, not mwz), e.g. sendgrid, mailgun, most of those listed under create DS in mwz (except php, sendmail)

If I understand it correctly MW does not observe any sending speed and limits?
Why can I set them then?
If you use your own server, speed adjustments would need to be made at the respective MTA it uses (e.g. exim, sendmail, qmail, postfix) and those adjustments would probably incl throttling by receiving domain's speed, grey listing, backoff mode, etc. This can be tricky and oft requires ongoing maintenance, which is why it is cheaper/easier to use a third party DS (either via smtp or web api).
Depending on how much you send and your budget, you can also use an advanced MTA (pmta, drh, mailerQ, rabbitMQ, manta, haraka, halon, etc).

Thank you very much for these explanations. I understand. Unfortunately most of the 3rd party DS don not allow my kind of emails and have closed down my accounts, that's why I was trying to send via my own server. I don't know a lot about MTA but will do my homework now and go and learn aa much as I can .. much appreciate your help

DS = Delivers Server
3rd party (not your server, not mwz), e.g. sendgrid, mailgun, most of those listed under create DS in mwz (except php, sendmail)

If you use your own server, speed adjustments would need to be made at the respective MTA it uses (e.g. exim, sendmail, qmail, postfix) and those adjustments would probably incl throttling by receiving domain's speed, grey listing, backoff mode, etc. This can be tricky and oft requires ongoing maintenance, which is why it is cheaper/easier to use a third party DS (either via smtp or web api).
Depending on how much you send and your budget, you can also use an advanced MTA (pmta, drh, mailerQ, rabbitMQ, manta, haraka, halon, etc).

I´m also having trouble with send limits. I tryed a lot of confs and seems that they are no respected.
I configured both cron with limit by minutes and any server with limit by hour.
I´m getting:

2016/11/26 11:25:40 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:25:41 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:25:41 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:25:43 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:25:43 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:26:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:27:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:28:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:29:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:30:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:31:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:32:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:33:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:34:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!

Also, when the external DS operates without error, the MW limits are not respected.

Please Help.

Attachments

• mm4a   Atualizar Servidor.jpeg
    mm4a Atualizar Servidor.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18
  • mm4a   Configurações.jpeg
    mm4a Configurações.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18
I´m also having trouble with send limits. I tryed a lot of confs and seems that they are no respected.
I configured both cron with limit by minutes and any server with limit by hour.
I´m getting:

2016/11/26 11:25:40 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:26:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:27:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:28:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:29:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:30:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:31:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:32:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:33:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2016/11/26 11:34:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!

Also, when the external DS operates without error, the MW limits are not respected.

Please Help.
see if the DS is locked to a cust
see if that all sending settings are inline with ea other: cust (grp), cron
see in cust if quota avail (reload backend and frontend to refresh), if not, it is in your settings

Back