smtp;554 5.4.14 Hop count exceeded - possible mail loop ATTR34 [BY2NAM05FT016.eop-nam05.prod.protect

Does anyone know what i need to do to fix these bounce messages?

thanks
That is from folks forwarding the emails many times.
Just make sure those stay subscribed, since eventually it might work again, when those folks realize they are not getting all emails.
Or if you are sick of it, just delete those subs.

@frm.mwz
Really? so its no issues from my end??

you mean its forwarded from their own email a to email b to email c or something like that??
why wouldnt it just deliver to to all inboxes? or just the inbox the email was actually sent to?

thanks for your reply plmk

Really? so its no issues from my end??
definitely not at your end
(unless you emailed yourself on your own badly configured server where you have a potential loop ;) )

you mean its forwarded from their own email a to email b to email c or something like that??
yes, possibly alonger one even, or a loop (which some servers also have internally, if badly configured)

why wouldnt it just deliver to to all inboxes?
it does until it hits a limit of fwd or loop break

just the inbox the email was actually sent to?
it cannot, since some breaks/limits kick in to avoid a circle j...

;)

@frm.mwz thanks for your full detailed reply!

peace of mind, thanks i googled this 5 different times over the past 2 months trying to find a solution... i should lean on the forum more..

thank you!

Just had a deeper look into some of those errors as mentioned above from outlook/office365 and found that 8 of the 10 hops allowed before failure were caused by outlook/office365 itself!
OutlookMisconfiguredInternallyCreating8of10HopsIsTheCauseOfFailure.jpg

hi there, sorry but what am i looking at? i am still learning!
You are looking at a picture which further underpins what I posted before.
On it you see 8 hops of 10 alone by outlook/office365 which means that they are not available for normal forwarding, and therefore it fails earlier than when no such complicated structures are in place, or when the counting of hops is done wiser by the recipient server.

Back