Skipping the sandbox in Amazon SES

Hi frm! Thanks for the reply. Just wondering, how long ago did you use it last time? They might have changed it. All I know is that we can submit the ticket but there's no guarantee they will add the volume and usually, if they do, it will be still in the sandbox, ie not a paid plan.

Hi frm! Thanks for the reply. Just wondering, how long ago did you use it last time? They might have changed it. All I know is that we can submit the ticket but there's no guarantee they will add the volume and usually, if they do, it will be still in the sandbox, ie not a paid plan.
# my clients so far did not have a problem getting out of the sandbox
# maybe SES need to see some additional data/settings from you or send them a ticket asking specifically why you are still kept in the sandbox: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/request-production-access.html

@frm.mwz, thanks for the information. We finally went ahead with starting a new account. We added and verified the subdomain successfully, but I am having a problem with verifying its email address.

Amazon SES requires us to have a mailbox to receive their verification email. That's fine but we want to send emails from an email address with a subdomain. Namecheap's Privateemail prohibits only email addresses with root domains.

Do you have any idea how can we verify an email address of the subdomain?

@frm.mwz, thanks for the information. We finally went ahead with starting a new account. We added and verified the subdomain successfully, but I am having a problem with verifying its email address.

Amazon SES requires us to have a mailbox to receive their verification email. That's fine but we want to send emails from an email address with a subdomain. Namecheap's Privateemail prohibits only email addresses with root domains.

Do you have any idea how can we verify an email address of the subdomain?
Perhaps put any additionally needed MX for (sub)dom onto a (free) shared host?

Thanks, @frm.mwz

We went ahead and verified the root domain to save time :) By the way, how many emails did you send before requesting to drop the sandbox? Were they transactional or marketing?

I am wondering because this is the step that we got stuck at in past and we really want to make it work this time.

Thanks, @frm.mwz

We went ahead and verified the root domain to save time :) By the way, how many emails did you send before requesting to drop the sandbox? Were they transactional or marketing?

I am wondering because this is the step that we got stuck at in past and we really want to make it work this time.
The client had shopping cart emails mainly at the beginning (and DS quota for it, rest elsewhere), so those qualify for transactional, which SES likes better, but he had also full blown camps going three times a day (later). In retrospect, it was probly the cart mails that helped him get ahead.

Back