Sending Mail

what do you mean by? "If you need to increase the number of parallel processes for each campaign, you can do it from Backend -> Settings -> Cron. By default it will create 3 parallel processes for each campaign and this should be enough for most of the use cases."

I dont see that option.

It has been removed, don't worry about it.
run ./send-parallel-campaigns -h 1 to get a small help menu with available options.

OK. That was confusing me a little bit, lol. Going to try out MDP, either today or first thing tomorrow. Should I reset the cron that triggers 'send campaigns'? The one I removed when I began this method?

MDP requires the same, it requires to NOT have that cron job enabled ;)
If you have any doubts while setting up MDP, just ask and i'll try to answer in as many details as possible, but please read the README from github couple of times and maybe it will start making more sense.

Hey, how are you? I was able to install golang on the server. It 's working. I have a couple of questions regarding the install:

1. does the master archive need to be installed in any specific directory?
2. Within the config.json file,
a. Where do I put the storage directory?
b. Is the hostname localhost?
c. is the console.php located in the php directory?

Thanks in advance for you help,

Troy

@Troy - I have just updated MDP on github yesterday, make sure you get that version.
1. Don't put it in the public_html folder, you can put it anywhere else.
2. For storage directory, you can put it anywhere in your server, /var/mdp-pickup is a good location, just make sure it's chmoded to 0777 recursive and when you create a delivery server of type Pickup Directory in mailwizz you put same directory path.
The hostname is the hostname of your smtp server. Remember that in config.json you have to provide teh SMTP server details, the smtp server that will do the actual delivery of your emails.
console.php file is located in apps/console/console.php but you have to put the full server path to that file, i.e: home/whatevername/public_html/apps/console/console.php
If anything else unclear, please ask.

Why not simply install MW in the same server where sendmail is installed?

Working on MDP-GO, almost there, but I was thinking about this. I'm a little confused. We have MailWhiz on A with EXIM/SENDMAIl, that is where I am installing MDP-GO. WE have Server B with no smtp just sendmail. Once I install MDP-GO, how do I send mail with A and B servers?

You can't use B server for sending emails if the B server has only sendmail and mailwizz isn't installed there.

so we would have to install MW on A and B and C, each would be mutually exclusive? They wouldn't talk to eachother. Should we put SMTP on the other servers B and C or get new servers somewhere else to run one copy of MW with multiple delivery servers? What is the best configuration/stack?

so we would have to install MW on A and B and C, each would be mutually exclusive? They wouldn't talk to eachother.
This would be a way to go about it.

Here's the thing, usually sendmail is not meant for outside connections but if you can connect to it from an outside server then it doesn't matter where you install mailwizz because you will connect to sendmail remotely.
If sendmail can't do remote connections, then just put a known smtp server like EXIM / Postfix do this and again, in this case it doesn't matter where mailwizz is since it will connect to the smtp server remotely.

I personally would recommend install mailwizz on the most powerful server because the database will be the most demanding thing, and then on the other server(s) put Exim/Postfix and connect from mailwizz to it(them). Simple.

ok. thanks. what is the most I can expect from MW as far as mail per hour? What is PowerMTA and will MW send email faster on a server like this?

So you would recommend installing MW on one server and db on another and smtp on another? What kind of results will we get with a really good dedicated server and what are the best methods to increase mail p/h ? Do you have any sample set-ups by users?

Back