Sendgrid Trouble

Eric535

So I setup a sendgrid delivery server on my clients mailwizz. Did it with no issues. I setup my campaign sent a test email and everything seemed to work fine. Test emails were received and showing in sendgrids activity page. But when I actually sent the campaign to 900 emails including myself, I never received my email and the 900 emails do not show on Sendgrid's activity page. I sent an email to sengdrid letting them know but I am also opening this thread to make sure its not something mailwizz related. I am just waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks as always.

Do SendGrid require you to go for approval after testing before sending email? I know Amazon SES does. Once you've confirmed it's working, they won't accept emails until they've approved your account. You could check by going into campaign stats, click on the number of Recipients at the top in blue, then see what the status of email delivery is, i.e. Success/Giveup/Error etc..

Do SendGrid require you to go for approval after testing before sending email? I know Amazon SES does. Once you've confirmed it's working, they won't accept emails until they've approved your account. You could check by going into campaign stats, click on the number of Recipients at the top in blue, then see what the status of email delivery is, i.e. Success/Giveup/Error etc..

It says SUCCESS for all of them. Thanks for the reply :)

@twisted1919 Help me. Sorry didnt realize my support expired :)

Im thinking maybe I didnt set up the API correctly. So I setup a new one. This time around it didnt ask me as many questions as before. Before it asked me something about php, curl etc. This time it was alot easier. See snapshot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 3.00.20 PM.jpg

@twisted1919 What I think was happening is that somehow I could send my test emails with sendgrid but when I actually tried sending the 941 emails and sendgrid denied me somewhere along the line (Probably in the first few emails) thats when MW went to the next delivery server which is one I had setup a long time ago using the servers local IP. I went and disabled it so that the customer only has one. But is there anyway I can find out which delivery server was used to send the emails in one campaign. I know you can use more than one,

But is there anyway I can find out which delivery server was used to send the emails in one campaign
Yes there is, if you look in the email source, in the headers, you will see a header named XXXXXX-Delivery-Sid: Y where Y is your delivery server id ;)

What If I never received the email?
In Backend > Misc > Campaign Delivery Logs there is a column that shows which delivery server has been used for sending that particular email, but just now i noticed there's a problem with the data shown there :-s

@twisted1919 So im still having trouble even after using sparkpost I have one list that looks like im having the issue with. When I duplicate the campaign and change it to another list it works fine. But when I send it to this one list that where it looks like nothing happens and I get 0's all across the board and no deliveries.

@twisted1919 So i duplicated the same campaign and was able to send it through the command line as per the instructions. Immediately after it was done my stats email was sent to me and it actually had numbers instead of all zeros. So im still kinda confused. It works through the command line but not when its runs normally? Also when I list my campaigns the campaign that I ran was actually showing clicks and opens. Unlike the other time when it was all zeros. I copied the output to a text file. Let me know if you need me to show it to you or you need me to look through it.

@twisted1919

So i enabled the cron that I disabled previously and duplicated the same campaign and tried running it with a different list and got the same results. I shows its running and it even shows that I sent 500 emails but my sparkpoast dashboard doesnt show the 500. Unlike the last time I ran it manually through the command line it showed on sparkpost dashboard immediately.

@Eric535 - That's really weird, i mean, the cron job does exactly what you're doing, it calls that command so you don't have to do it manually like you did.
Are you sure the 2 commands, command line and cron, call the same php binary/version?

@twisted1919 Im running PHP Version 5.4.31.

Yes the 2 commands are the same. I just removed the >/dev/null 2>&1 and replaced it with --verbose=1 like it said in the instructions.

I was actually logged in as root when I ran it. I couldnt logg in with the user from that cpanel account. BTW Im running this particular setup on a hostgator VPS. I can only login ssh via the root user only. Dont know if its intentionally done like that but when I use my linode its different.

Here is the error i get when I try to ssh as the other user

Shell access is not enabled on your account!

If you need shell access please contact support.

Back