Send to multiple lists

Juan Carlos

Hi,
Nice work to all that contribute at the project

I have a question, it's posible send a campaign to a multiple list?

Regards

It is somehow, but it will create a merged list in the end, from all your selected list, and i am not sure that thsi is what you want, but in case it is, go to Backend -> Settings -> Customers -> Campaigns and look for "Send to multiple lists" and set it to Yes.

Hi
if I include another list to send to and I have the same subscriber on both lists then will the subscriber receive the same email twice? or just the one time?

I have a couple of lists I would like to send to.. but I have many subscribers on different lists using the same email.. Im wanting to send an email to all unique emails in all lists.

thanks

if I include another list to send to and I have the same subscriber on both lists then will the subscriber receive the same email twice? or just the one time?
Both lists will be merged into a new one in the end and duplicates will be removed. I know, not that fancy, but that's all i could do for multiple lists.

thats perfect and I believe aweber do exactly the same..

In the backend, I see an area for mass email - Is this used to send emails to every unique email in every list?

what's the difference between using mass email and creating a campaign to include all lists?

Mass emails is for your customers, you know, if you use mailwizz as a saas platform and you need to notify your customers of something.

on Backend -> Settings -> Customers -> Campaigns, I have select Yes for Send to multiple lists * (I did it as well on the customer group). But when I create a campaign there's still select option so I can't select multiple list. What am I missing?
I think it was check box list

Last edited:
Both lists will be merged into a new one in the end and duplicates will be removed. I know, not that fancy, but that's all i could do for multiple lists.
as far as I know there's a way to not merge list (e.g. arpreach does it, and many other apps), I think you can do it.
the problem is there will be a lot of lists created when we send campaign to multiple lists.
and just tested it, when the subscribers try to update profile or unsubscribe, they're pointed to just list A, even though they're subscribing to list B.

@Tantan - that's a side effect of adding sending to multiple lists late in the application when we didn't really had many other options that the ugly merge one. This ain't going to change as the entire application is built around a single list sending.
In a mailwizz 2.x that can break backward compatibility, this will be changed.

@Tantan - that's a side effect of adding sending to multiple lists late in the application when we didn't really had many other options that the ugly merge one. This ain't going to change as the entire application is built around a single list sending.
so any chance to make fancy sending multiple lists?
as people are doing so (sending multiple lists) often and many times.

Merge multiple lists we can send the newsletters.
but problem is that the various groups are constantly introduced new titles, but they will not be automatically consolidated group.
So every time the combined group will be created. As for inorganic unmanageable after a while.
If you delete a group, the campaign will also be deleted so that the statistics, which in turn should.

1. the group setting, do not subscribe to other category posts the title, but also because unsubscribe. but it would be necessary to enter into the other category titles

2. If you delete a group, the Campaign and the associated statistics should not cleared

theres an application called sendy which does send email to multiple lists at once without merging ( it seems ).
I am also looking for similar feature where the system should not create 3rd merged list in customer area.

Looks like that problem exists b/c the philosophy centers around lists, not subscribers. If it would be around subscribers, each had a record with one/multiple list(s) as one of the many tags in the record. But it might make the app slower, as for each list you had to go through all records to select those that belong to it.

In any case you still need unique (per list) un/subscribe fields/links.

If the app would present all lists that the subscriber belongs to when they click any unsubscribe link, then no new (merged list) unsubscribe link would have to be created, but that might not be desirable (neither technically nor marketing-wise).

I wonder what subscription IP and date the merged list would use, and if it could not use an unsubscribe link form that source.

But perhaps there is a better way...o_O

any plan for the release of new 2.x version? how can i stay tuned on the roadmap?

@Tony - We make all the announcements in the forums, so dropping by once a while will keep you updated. You can also subscribe to the announcements forum to get an email each time we make an announcement.

Hello,

It seems like the only thing making this complicated is the 'merge' thing, if that 'goes' away, this problem will be solved.

I also need to send to multiple lists, but I discovered today that after sending, it will merged the lists :/

Perhaps an option that we can decided our self if we want to merg or not.

Back