Replacement for old and broken template builder

We are losing business for one reason....Mailwizz's old and horribly designed template builder.

Every customer says the same thing....the builder is abysmal and painful to use.

Does anyone have an addon that uses Unlayered or anything that is better than the built in builder?

We are dead in the water until they get this replaced.

Mailwizz, this should be at the top of your development list.

If it's so bad, why not use something like Stripo?
We actually have a demo with them today. We are also looking at Unlayered.

I posted to explore all possibilities. We have an actual research team that discovered Stripo weeks ago.

Is it broken?
Useless is in the same wheelhouse as broken. We've lost at least 2 dozen prospects after we gave them a demo.

Same response every time.....the template builder/editor is abysmal.

So not my words, just real feedback by real life situations.

I think you already know the deal on the template builder. It looks like it was designed in mid 2003. Lol

Unfortunately, that's built by a 3rd-party and it's very difficult for us to make progress there, we'd have to rewrite it at some point in a way it would allow us to keep it up to date.

It has its quirks for sure :(
Why not just develop an addon and use Unlayered, etc?

Don't get me wrong, we love Mailwizz. But the builder is killing us.

You posted a link to Stripo in my post. Why not just strike a deal with them or build an addon and create another stream of income?

I do this for companies daily in my consulting arm of my biz.

I assume it won't hurt to reach out and ask them if they are open to any sort of collaboration.
Problem is that people will have to pay their license to use the builder in MailWizz. This can be okay for some people bot most of people won't agree to this, and I assume they can use the default builder.
P.S: I am moving these replies to your own thread so that we don't pollute this announcement.

We actually have a demo with them today. We are also looking at Unlayered.

I posted to explore all possibilities. We have an actual research team that discovered Stripo weeks ago.
See which one you like more and report back, we can continue from there.

I came out on the side of Stripo.

Now I need to get it seamlessly integrated into Mailwizz!

Just in time, because we're almost done with it, stay tuned ;)
I spoke to Dmitri at Stripo and have a call with them today to integrate this - should I cancel?

They are willing to have a discussion with you about licencing into Mailwizz core

I spoke to Dmitri at Stripo and have a call with them today to integrate this - should I cancel?
Our integration is done and right now is in testing mode, everything seems to look just fine so far, @laurentiu will add some screenshots in a few minutes so you can see how it looks inside MailWizz.
I would say you should still have the discussion with them, but tell them MailWizz will provide this as explained here.

They are willing to have a discussion with you about licencing into Mailwizz core
For now our integration is based on their docs at https://stripo.email/plugin/ which means once you start using Stripo, you add your Plugin ID and Secret and you are good to go, you basically use your own Stripo account.
I don't see what different type of integration we could do, for sure we at MailWizz cannot pay for the builder usage, so the above remains the best option.
But regardless, I will try to book a call with them just to discuss the integration ;)

Can we ensure this works as a SAAS where every customer has their own API key.

Their push of the email to MW needs to be able to identify which customer is using it. We want to license Stripo from the center - we licence it - and our customers use it.

Our integration is done and right now is in testing mode, everything seems to look just fine so far, @laurentiu will add some screenshots in a few minutes so you can see how it looks inside MailWizz.
Bellow two picture for example:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 11.57.22.png
Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 11.53.55.png

@TonyR - If everything goes okay, it will be included in 2.3 as well, that's the plan for now at least.

Beside the default drag and drop builder, and Stripo, we also will include GrapesJS most likely because it is done for about half an year or so.
You see, we were working on transforming the email template builder extension(which provided only the default drag and drop builder) in an extension that can host multiple editors and you can select the right one for you, it took a lot of time and effort and it was about 99% done and had the default builder + GrapesJS.
Then when @webcoreinc asked for Stripo, adding it into the extension only took a few days because we already had a very stable framework for email template builder integrations. Anyway, that's the story, even if we don't talk about things, doesn't mean we're not working on them :D

@TonyR - If everything goes okay, it will be included in 2.3 as well, that's the plan for now at least.

Beside the default drag and drop builder, and Stripo, we also will include GrapesJS most likely because it is done for about half an year or so.
You see, we were working on transforming the email template builder extension(which provided only the default drag and drop builder) in an extension that can host multiple editors and you can select the right one for you, it took a lot of time and effort and it was about 99% done and had the default builder + GrapesJS.
Then when @webcoreinc asked for Stripo, adding it into the extension only took a few days because we already had a very stable framework for email template builder integrations. Anyway, that's the story, even if we don't talk about things, doesn't mean we're not working on them :D
Wonderful Job guys!!

Back