[Release] MailWizz - v1.3.6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@twisted1919 It would be really nice if MW can show how many duplicate emails (if any) are there in a list when uploaded. Suppose I import a list of 10K subs and 5K are duplicates, MW tells 10K subs are imported at the end, but actually only 5K will be imported. So the counts may be confusing :)

Hi, while upgrading its giving me an error
  • Updating to version 1.3.6.1 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'must_confirm_delivery'
Its giving me same error uupgrading from command line
Also after droping that perticular table, its again gives the same error
Please help, unfortunately i dont have backup with me, as sql file dosent get downloaded properly

Hi, while upgrading its giving me an error
  • Updating to version 1.3.6.1 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'must_confirm_delivery'
Its giving me same error uupgrading from command line
Also after droping that perticular table, its again gives the same error
Please help, unfortunately i dont have backup with me, as sql file dosent get downloaded properly
Hi, I got same error too while upgrading.
Fortunately, I had to logout from admin area and login again....It started working fine.

You may want to try that tooo_O

@twisted1919 It would be really nice if MW can show how many duplicate emails (if any) are there in a list when uploaded. Suppose I import a list of 10K subs and 5K are duplicates, MW tells 10K subs are imported at the end, but actually only 5K will be imported. So the counts may be confusing :)

before you import, just do this:
take the list into notepad++ (or notetab or any more powerful editor)
force lower case
sort unique lines
this will eliminate any doubles
;)

@Shailendra Jha - you shouldn't drop the database table... If the upgrade tool says there's a duplicate column, this usually means you tried the upgrade from web interface, it failed, then tried again from command line, and since the web interface upgrade managed to run for a while and do some things, now the command line tries to do the same and ends up with the given error.
However, things are not lost. if this happens, look in /apps/common/data/update-sql for the version file that failed the upgrade. in this case 1.3.6.1.sql, open it and remove the line that causes the issue (if you don't know the line, remove first line) save the file and try the update tool once again. If still errors out, remove the next line from the sql file, save it and try again, and do like so till the error doesn't show up. Once the upgrade is done, paste back the removed lines from the sql file and save the file.
@Kollydaton ^ above applies to you too :p

How is this done (I was hoping to find a function to delete old delivery logs)
Code:
php -q /path/to/apps/console/console.php table-cleaner --table=mw_campaign_delivery_logs --time="-6 months"
This will delete records older than 6 months. The --time param accepts any expression usable by php's strtotime() function.

@Shailendra Jha - you shouldn't drop the database table... If the upgrade tool says there's a duplicate column, this usually means you tried the upgrade from web interface, it failed, then tried again from command line, and since the web interface upgrade managed to run for a while and do some things, now the command line tries to do the same and ends up with the given error.
However, things are not lost. if this happens, look in /apps/common/data/update-sql for the version file that failed the upgrade. in this case 1.3.6.1.sql, open it and remove the line that causes the issue (if you don't know the line, remove first line) save the file and try the update tool once again. If still errors out, remove the next line from the sql file, save it and try again, and do like so till the error doesn't show up. Once the upgrade is done, paste back the removed lines from the sql file and save the file.

Code:
php -q /path/to/apps/console/console.php table-cleaner --table=mw_campaign_delivery_logs --time="-6 months"
This will delete records older than 6 months. The --time param accepts any expression usable by php's strtotime() function.
:eek: @twisted1919 ...Noted!!!.... Thanks brother :)

This is something to be pinned, added to the update readme, thanks for the info :)
Code:

Have a question, if I delete old delivery logs like this, will that affect old campaign statistics ? Or this is just dumb data ?

@frm.mwz I would rather issue "cat csv|sort|uniq" to work around ;). But I'm worried about those guys who wake me up in the early morning only to ask where did their 5K emails go :D. If there was such an option, there would have been no room for doubts. Thanks for your help anyway :)

@VVT - Yeah it will affect statistics. You can, from command line, run the campaign archive campaigns, to archive campaigns logs if you want to keep them, however, that is a very tricky command that can fail in many ways.

@frm.mwz I would rather issue "cat csv|sort|uniq" to work around ;). But I'm worried about those guys who wake me up in the early morning only to ask where did their 5K emails go :D. If there was such an option, there would have been no room for doubts. Thanks for your help anyway :)
Not sure if you can sort the csv like that, since it usually contains more than just the email addresses...
Are there really people who give you an import list with 50% duplicates? What are they smoking? If this had to go through cleaning, it would cost them, hence they would avoid it...
:rolleyes:

@VVT - Yeah it will affect statistics. You can, from command line, run the campaign archive campaigns, to archive campaigns logs if you want to keep them, however, that is a very tricky command that can fail in many ways.
Would be really good to be able to get rid of log files, but keep the stats separately, perhaps in an extra database? Basically all that could slow down sending, could it be put into an extra dbf?

Not sure if you can sort the csv like that, since it usually contains more than just the email addresses...
Are there really people who give you an import list with 50% duplicates? What are they smoking? If this had to go through cleaning, it would cost them, hence they would avoid it...
:rolleyes:
We can sort them.. any method is fine. When we open our app to public, we can expect ppl of various knowledge levels. I've educated ppl what a csv file is, trust me. Today what happened is, one guy downloaded the same list two times and merged them in excel manually. Then he uploaded it to a new list. If he was wise enough to sort and find the unique's, he would have merged those lists in MW itself :D. So, after the upload , MW showed that 10K emails were imported (or finished, something like that but no errors). I thought MW has this functionality cuz Interspire had it and that is what I used in the past. Anyway we're doing the duplicate validation, if we can show that count as well, then things would be clearer. :)

That is why we have the campaign-archive command, to move the logs in another table, as an archive and clear up the main table ;)

Can you explain this a bit more? Do records from the delivery-log move into the archive automatically or is this done manually via the command line?

I noticed that there is a "archive-campaigns-delivery-logs" and a "archivecampaignsdeliverylogs" - do those do the same?

Our current deliverylog consists of 55m records and even after a MySQL optimize it feels sluggish. If I run the archivecampaignsdeliverylogs, does this mean that campaign stats will be retained?

You also mentioned that archiving comes with issues - can you explain?

Updating from 1.3.6 to 1.3.6.2

Error :

Updating to version 1.3.6.2 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `mw_campaign_bounce_log` ADD UNIQUE KEY `cid_sid` (`campaign_id`, `' at line 1
-bash: Updating: command not found
-bash: check: command not found

Updating from 1.3.6 to 1.3.6.2

Error :

Updating to version 1.3.6.2 failed with: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `mw_campaign_bounce_log` ADD UNIQUE KEY `cid_sid` (`campaign_id`, `' at line 1
-bash: Updating: command not found
-bash: check: command not found

On my install I initially ran the update on the command line via
Code:
/usr/bin/php /var/www/html/apps/console/console.php update

I had the same error as you. It looks like the update actually completes and the only thing I did is to run the following SQL from the command line (for the failed SQL):
Code:
SET SESSION old_alter_table=1;
ALTER TABLE `campaign_bounce_log` ADD UNIQUE KEY `cid_sid` (`campaign_id`, `subscriber_id`);
SET SESSION old_alter_table=0;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back