Question about 3rd-party app to replace PTA Management Console

Papapooch

I have come to find out...from Port25 itself...that their PMTA Management Console app is inherently insecure. That's pretty funny considering how much they charge for it. I suppose I could set up VPNs connecting our various Amazon EC2 servers...but I would rather find a more secure app for monitoring and working with the PMTA servers.

I saw in some older discussions that various members of this forum either had suggestions as a replacement for the Port25 Console....or actually market their own version of a PMTA console. Can anyone enlighten me as to what's currently available in that regard?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have come to find out...from Port25 itself...that their PMTA Management Console app is inherently insecure. That's pretty funny considering how much they charge for it.
Can you give some details?

I suppose I could set up VPNs connecting our various Amazon EC2 servers
All behind VPN is indeed what various folks do.

but I would rather find a more secure app for monitoring and working with the PMTA servers.
Some of them are mentioned in the 3rd party section. However, you might be better off with native integration, but behind VPN.

@frm.mwz
I am not referring to pmta integration with Mailwizz, but a replacement for the PowerMTA Management Console which helps configure and monitor several pmta servers at a time.

Here is a warning from the Port25 download page for their management console.
IMPORTANT NOTICES:
PowerMTA Management Console v1.5

• Libraries used in the PMC have known security problems. We strongly recommend that you run the PMC only on your local network, inaccessible from the internet.
Kind of silly when the PMC is supposed to manage PMTA SMTP servers that are by definition internet connected.

And then this 3rd party app was mentioned in another post in this forum but I don't see a lot of information on the website.
http://www.powermtadashboard.com/.

Maybe there is a way to keep the Mailwizz server and all the private PMTA servers within a VPN, but still allow the private SMTP servers to send email across the internet. Is that the setup you use?

So I was putting this question to members who may have experience with an alternative to PowerMTA Management Console v1.5. so I could avoid jumping through hoops because of the "known security problems" of PowerMTA Management Console.
Thanks

I am not referring to pmta integration with Mailwizz, but a replacement for the PowerMTA Management Console which helps configure and monitor several pmta servers at a time.
yeah of course, i saw that

Here is a warning from the Port25 download page for their management console.
IMPORTANT NOTICES:
PowerMTA Management Console v1.5

• Libraries used in the PMC have known security problems. We strongly recommend that you run the PMC only on your local network, inaccessible from the internet.
that is a courtesy warning, since none of the open source libraries is every perfect, and some have known security risks

Kind of silly when the PMC is supposed to manage PMTA SMTP servers that are by definition internet connected.
one thing is to have PMC (and the wbe monitors) behind a vpn, another is to not have any connected to the web...you can have them all behind a vpn, but functioning well, you just have to do it the right way

And then this 3rd party app was mentioned in another post in this forum but I don't see a lot of information on the website.
http://www.powermtadashboard.com/
any of such apps should give you demo access, so that you can test it out at your heart's content

Maybe there is a way to keep the Mailwizz server and all the private PMTA servers within a VPN, but still allow the private SMTP servers to send email across the internet
that is what various clients use, see above

So I was putting this question to members who may have experience with an alternative to PowerMTA Management Console v1.5. so I could avoid jumping through hoops because of the "known security problems" of PowerMTA Management Console.
well, you may learn from some of their experience (as far as they may share), but very few have a highly sophisticated setup, which means, you might have to test and learn anyway

Back