Paid account on forum - help to developer

What is your choice?

• I paid once and the developer is on my orders - forever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SQLIK

Hi Guys,

we bought for little money this awesome app (one time payment), but all the time, we all expect new features and ongoing support. But all this needs a lot of time and a lot of work. @twisted1919 is only developer and he should feel that he do something just for his own satisfaction.

Therefore, I propose to set up a paid account on this forum only available to people who have purchased access. Payment should be on a monthly basis at the level of 5 to 10 dollars. In this way we will be able to support the creator of the application and allow him to implement the following features, which we expect.

I think this is a fair approach, because you can't expect anything for free and for ever.

Of course, people who will buy a paid account should receive more than those who have not.

What do you think?

PS. Sorry for my english

In my opinion one time donation does not solve anything, and usually does not change much. But nothing stands in the way that it is both.

Remember that it is hard work and it's hard to find time to do it for free.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest into this :)

The most time consuming task i face is not doing development but rather answering support requests, this is a deal breaker for me at the moment, because i have to answer around 20-30 support requests/day at least, this takes time(think 10 mins for each), time from the development time i have for the app, thus development gets slower.
I tried to find people to handle the support for me, but i felt they don't appreciate the customers like i do and i had to give up on that idea for now.
Then i was asked by another customer to setup this forum so people can help each other thus giving me more time. I see this forum started to work, soon i believe i have to close the support tickets area from the website and keep everything here.

Anyway, speaking about donation, if you take a look into your account at https://forum.mailwizz.com/account/upgrades you'll see some packs there. i set them up a while ago but have never tested them.

Thanks for thinking like so though ;)

you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9G405370WE27730xxxx
We'll send a confirmation email to sales.daXXX@gmail.com. This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *TOTYOSERBAN.

:)

Hi,

Thanks for your interest into this :)

The most time consuming task i face is not doing development but rather answering support requests, this is a deal breaker for me at the moment, because i have to answer around 20-30 support requests/day at least, this takes time(think 10 mins for each), time from the development time i have for the app, thus development gets slower.
I tried to find people to handle the support for me, but i felt they don't appreciate the customers like i do and i had to give up on that idea for now.
Then i was asked by another customer to setup this forum so people can help each other thus giving me more time. I see this forum started to work, soon i believe i have to close the support tickets area from the website and keep everything here.

Anyway, speaking about donation, if you take a look into your account at https://forum.mailwizz.com/account/upgrades you'll see some packs there. i set them up a while ago but have never tested them.

Thanks for thinking like so though ;)

Ah yesh, I saw that Twisted gives really good support and realized that this must really cut his time on development and suggested forum. Lots of questions are repeated anyway.

About the idea, I would gladly pay monthly fee for extra pro account. I think it would be awesome if the pro account people get free extentions and upcoming themes you must otherwise buy from codecanyon. Also Pro accounts get extra category they can only access in forum and there are some hardcore info on how to make the most awesome email marketing services and share industry experience.

Since I am getting many customers for mailwizz since I am selling developed email marketing services, I am sure community increases and more and more people will be signing up.

Takes time though.

Best wishes,
Silver

Tantan read carefully
I read that of course. I run a business as well and it was frustrating to delegate tasks to people. But anyone who runs a business should do so. It's our responsibility to manage people in our team, and it's never ending task for all business owners.
But what I'm saying is not to force twisted1919 to hire people, just share a thought... we're learning each other.

Tantan I agree with you. At the same time the same business is different client audience and it is not unimportant. Therefore, it is necessary to be based on the needs of specific customers. And it's obvious :)

I think its important to consider the opinions of others as well. Some of use purchased Mailwizz because it was a one time payment for a mail delivery system. That's why this product has been so successful (of course the support is amazing as well that is no doubt).

But you have to realize that some of us are beginners and/or are barely starting up our business and expenses are very critical and we are not at the point where we are making sales every day/week. I am pretty sure the majority of people that purchased Mailwizz will agree with me on this. It's no secret that 90% of new businesses fail hence some of us have t be very careful with the products we choose to purchase for our business.

This is why the majority of us chose Mailwizz. It even states it on the FAQ on the main site:

"So many features but the price is low, what's the catch?

There is no catch, honestly :)
With mailwizz we want to make email marketing available for everyone, as simple as possible and at a low cost so that you can focus on your business more and still have a good way to keep in touch with your customers/subscribers/users.
You don't have to spend thousands of dollars anymore for applications that basically will do same thing."

With Mailwizz I can finally focus on my real passions and I can also work more on the day to day tasks and not have to worry about rising fees for when my email newsletters begins to grow. Now I feel less stressed about meeting monthly quotas. They can never be completely removed because it takes money to make money when you are starting a business but this certainly alleviates the stress and helps us to focus on what needs more attention.

PS.
please do not think I do not want to pay a single penny more. That is far from the truth. I certainly do hope to buy those support packs Twisted linked in the beginning of this thread once my business has taken off and I can afford to. I certainly will do my best to pay back for the amazing support that comes with the purchase of Mailwizz :)

@SQLIK
you seem to underestimate donation buttons. Donations only work when the product and support is amazing. I think if there was a donation button people would make more than one.

For example; if Twisted and a client were working on an issue that took 1-2 days to resolve and a lot of work went into it (corrupt installations for example) and it was finally resolved I believe the client would make a donation for all the help he got.

I know I certainly would.

Last edited:
If you have tiered support, then customers/support can move it up if not answered properly. This way, common answers are found in forum/KB (where they will be collected, and some curators will edit) or answered by level 1, then more complicated ones by level 2, ...etc, then finally by you, but ideally only once, then in forum/KB. This will save you 99% of currently spent time on answering support questions.

Also, consider an option to include/attach a link in a forum post/thread to the solution (ie KB article, where answers/recipes are stored/curated). This way, even if new/other threads are opened on same/similar questions, it will lead to the answers (which may be expanded over time, by volunteers, forum wizzes, support, kinda like wiki).

Last edited:
I agree that it is necessary to make something like a wiki. It would be great to use the updated online manual to Mailwizz.

Mailwizz is growing fast and the more people that learn about mailwizz will become mailwizz customers thus resulting in more demand and more support being required. I predict a large growth for mailwizz and @twisted1919 throughout 2016 and I think something like this could be a good future goal, the more people that join the mailwizz community and purchase mailwizz will no doubt result in more demand for support so let’s hope 2016 brings the community larger and @twisted1919 can benefit from sales for the outstanding work he’s put into getting mailwizz where it is today.

In terms of more help being available, I will be creating in depth video tutorials, guides, lessons and much more and will maintain them for every release / update of mailwizz to give everyone the best possible understanding of mailwizz from the ground up and show people how they can build custom themes for the entire frontend, backend and emailing system, custom build apis and so on. This won’t happen overnight but it’s something that’s top of my list once ive completed some projects for other mailwizz customers I will be starting the above to help both new users, intermediate and advanced users of mailwizz and help you all build your own very successful marketing platforms using the mailwizz framework / application.

Hope this gives you all something to look forward to, I can see 2016 being a big hit for the community, Thanks.

Back