Open Actions and Custom fields

jepsen

Hello!

I just purchased MailWizz to check if it was something we'd be able to use for our email marketing services.
So far, it definitely looks promising!

I read on CodeCanyon it's possible to create different open actions. To an extend (i.e. the possibilities I've found thus far), this is awesome! However, in the same response, there was mentions of being able to assign a value to a custom field once a user opens the mail. For our usage, this would fix the lack the activity-based segmentation.

I've found the option to set open actions, but it seems I can't find the option to update / set custom field values. Am I missing something?

Further, I can't seem to find the option to set click actions. Are these features removed for some reason?

Looking forward to your responses.

@jepsen - make sure you enabled click and opens tracking and in the campaign use a template that has links. When doing that you will get a new set of buttons at that step and you can choose the actions and so on.

Hi Jepsen,

I test Custom field with url tracking as below :

First go to List

Create a custom filed and set default value blank.

Now go to campaign and create
In that template section below : option to set custom filed on click > in that select URL, custom field and set its value Y.

You can also set click action : when anyone click copy to another list.

Then run campaign.

When you receive that email, Click on that URL.

Then go to list : subscriber : you will see Y in custom field.

@jepsen - make sure you enabled click and opens tracking and in the campaign use a template that has links. When doing that you will get a new set of buttons at that step and you can choose the actions and so on.

That's perfect for click tracking. Awesome! Thanks. That would be workable.

Hi Jepsen,

I test Custom field with url tracking as below :

First go to List

Create a custom filed and set default value blank.

Now go to campaign and create
In that template section below : option to set custom filed on click > in that select URL, custom field and set its value Y.

You can also set click action : when anyone click copy to another list.

Then run campaign.

When you receive that email, Click on that URL.

Then go to list : subscriber : you will see Y in custom field.

Perfect, that's what twisted mentioned as well, and is as said workable.

---
How about opens then? I'm getting the option to copy or move subscribers that open the campaign, but we'd like to maintain the same users in the same list, and then segment on that list, otherwise we'll end up with hundreds upon hundreds of lists because we have to continue splitting them up for segmentation.

1) What tags i can use in “Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open” ?
2) Could i do somethins like i++ ?
3) Or insert DATETIME?
4) How can i track if subscriber opened campaign and dont move\copy to another list?

Let's see:

1) What tags i can use in “Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open” ?
No tags, you can just set a straight value.

2) Could i do somethins like i++ ?
Not sure if i follow, where to do that?
Anyway, if you need more power for the templates system, just enable the Template Engine from /backend/index.php/settings/campaigns/template-engine and then you can use all the power for twig: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/

3) Or insert DATETIME?
When you create a campaign, in the template step, you have a link that says: "View available tags". Click it and you'll see all available tags, including one for date and time.

4) How can i track if subscriber opened campaign and dont move\copy to another list?
You only add an action to move/copy. If you don't add such action, nothing happens to the subscriber.

Thanks.

Back