on behalf of & PMTA

Elbogdan

Hi,

need a little help with 2 issues:
A.
1. we setup the platform on domain1.com
2. we have same sending & tracking domain on domain2.com
3. our Customer X will have to send from an email address @hisonlinestore.com
how can I configure the platform to have in FROM: email@domain2.com on behalf of email@domain3.com?

to complete the projects:
a. the client is member in a group with multiple MTAs
b. sending & tracking domain are assigned and locked to the Customer X

B.
Is there any documentation on best practices in integration with powerMTA?
Can we inject the messages in pmta?

thank you!

Hi,

how can I configure the platform to have in FROM: email@domain2.com on behalf of email@domain3.com?
If the return path is set to email@domain2.com and the from is set to email@domain3.com then it will show like so, i believe...

Is there any documentation on best practices in integration with powerMTA?
It's no difference between a regular smtp server, mailwizz treats them the same.

Can we inject the messages in pmta?
Unfortunately no, smtp connection only.

Thanks.

thanks for the fast one.
We tried, the return path works.

What we are interested is to have something like in the recipient's FROM: email@domain2.com ON BEHALF OF email@domain3.com;
it will show to the recipient who sent the email. We are also operating other saas with such feature and we just want to know if MW has it or not. We are testing various configurations to MW for hours and no luck on finding it.

as for PMTA injection: maybe "Pickup directory path *" could do the job?

thanks!

I
What we are interested is to have something like in the recipient's FROM: email@domain2.com ON BEHALF OF email@domain3.com;
t's been a while since i looked into this but only the above worked at that time, like i explained.

as for PMTA injection: maybe "Pickup directory path *" could do the job?
As far as i know, pmta requires the message to have some specific structure?
The PickupDirectory feature will write the messages in the given directory in a standard .eml format. If pmta can work with it, then you're in luck.

1. We've tried as you adviced and it doesn't show the "ön behald of";
2. Ok, we will save some time testing then, maybe you could take into consideration this feature.

I am having one more probably small issue:
[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] & [WEB_VERSION_URL] sends the recipient to the app domain not to the alias domain / sending domain.
for example:
www.SaaSdomain.com > sendingdomain.com >> trackingdomain.com >> view online version / unsubscribe action >> opens www.SaaSDomain.com NOT sendingdomain.com

how can I send the recipients to the sendingdomain.com not to www.SaaSdomain.com

this is an issue of keeping a good reputation for www.SaaSdomain.com

thanks!

I am having one more probably small issue:
[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] & [WEB_VERSION_URL] sends the recipient to the app domain not to the alias domain / sending domain.
for example:
www.SaaSdomain.com > sendingdomain.com >> trackingdomain.com >> view online version / unsubscribe action >> opens www.SaaSDomain.com NOT sendingdomain.com

how can I send the recipients to the sendingdomain.com not to www.SaaSdomain.com

this is an issue of keeping a good reputation for www.SaaSdomain.com

thanks!
This is somehow a known issue, i'll try to make a fix for it maybe for next release if i have enough time.

Back