New install, with Mandrill, not sending out Campaigns, help please.

Tom Byrom

Hi,
So I've just gone through the set-up procedure and it all went pretty flawlessly (so I thought) but when I create a campaign to send to a list of 4 people (test list/testcampaign) the status of that campaign is stuck on 'pending-sending' I've tried this a couple of times now. I've gone through the forums and looked at various reasons why others had this problem (Mainly Cron jobs not working) but from what I can see I have everything set up working how it should be... Below is a quick run down of what I've done in the setup process hopefully it will lead to someone more knowledgeable spotting where the problem lies.

1. Ran installer on server installed script and gone through the configuration options on first time setup with Mailwhizz

2. Created cron jobs in back panel (see screenshot)

3. Linked my Mandrill account by selecting it in delivery server and using the Mandrill API

4. In Mandrill, (see screenshot) made sure my sending domain had been verified and created the extra DKIM and SPF records for the domain

5. Checked Mandrill sending defaults (see screenshot) PS. I tried both the Mandrill Custom SPF/DKIM Signing Domain and my own

6. Set up bounce email inside MailWhizz (see screenshot) and put same email address inside Mandrill > Sending Defaults - Forward Bounce Notifications To This Address

7. Create a test list and test campaign to send out. Get stuck on Pending-Sending

Notes:
In Mandrill the only API call was when Mailwhizz sent a verification email to myself

Screenshot attached of my Cron logs, I don't no how to interpret these maybe there is a clue here?

Any help is welcomed.
Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• cron-jobs-screenshot.jpg
    cron-jobs-screenshot.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cron-job-logs.jpg
    cron-job-logs.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 10
  • mandrill-sending-defaults.jpg
    mandrill-sending-defaults.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 9
  • mandrill-sending-domain.jpg
    mandrill-sending-domain.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 9
@Tom Byrom - Everything looks good. The reason why you see pending sending is that there is no execution of the commands you have set in the cron jobs, and this can happen for various reasons, either wrong php binary path or maybe some older php version in command line.

Do you have command line access? If you don't, can you try /usr/bin/php-cli instead?
If you do have command line access, can you tell the output when running these commands: /usr/bin/php -v and /usr/bin/php-cli -v ?
Ty.

I have the same problem, I have the cron installed, verified delivery servers, but the campaigns are in "pending"

I have run the "/ usr / bin / php -v and / usr / bin / php-cli -v" command and this is the answer

1f3d529c0828bb26472618a322d17595.png

@potschops - those are two separate commands, and was used as literal to separate the two ;)
However, from what i see, /usr/bin/php-cli is the correct CLI binary path on your server.
If you run /usr/bin/php-cli -v and get same output as in the above screenshot, then change your cron jobs to use this binary path ;)

@twisted1919
Thanks for getting back to me so here are the results through command line;

/usr/bin/php -v

PHP 5.4.42 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jun 16 2015 14:54:07)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2013, by Zend Technologies
bash-3.2$

/usr/bin/php-cli -v

bash: usr/bin/php-cli: No such file or directory

I can change the php version if need be, I can go up to 5.6 on my server, not sure if that is relevant?

@Tom Byrom :
/usr/bin/php -v

PHP 5.4.42 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jun 16 2015 14:54:07)
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2013, by Zend Technologies
bash-3.2$
As you see, this is the cgi-fcgi version, it is not the cli version. We need the cli version.

/usr/bin/php-cli -v

bash: usr/bin/php-cli: No such file or directory
This is disappointing, i would have expected to be the cli binary.

I can change the php version if need be, I can go up to 5.6 on my server, not sure if that is relevant?
Might help, but thing is we need to know where the CLI binary is for php.
Maybe it's located in /usr/local/bin/php54/php ? (or generally somewhere under /usr/local)

The right output of php -v should look like:
Code:
PHP 5.5.29 (cli) (built: Sep  6 2015 20:20:34) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies

@twisted1919

So I managed to get the path from my hosting company see the output below.

bash-3.2$ /usr/bin/php-5.4-cli -v
PHP 5.4.42 (cli) (built: Jun 16 2015 14:54:07)
with

What does this mean now?
Many thanks
Tom

@Tom Byrom - BINGO!
You'll now have to edito your mailwizz cron jobs and use /usr/bin/php-5.4-cli -q at the start of each cron job, instead of /usr/bin/php -q.
Makes sense?

@twisted1919
Brilliant! Thanks, Ill change them and if I have any other issues get in touch.

On another note, I read some comments regarding a potential block style email builder like mailchimp or others a like have. This is quite a big thing for me as I design and build emails for clients which are then editable client side through adding and changing blocks of specific content. How far off are you from fully intergrating this functionalitity, if at all?

Thanks again
Tom

Back